Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, April 1, 2013

Puff piece, Puffy the cat and Puff pancakes...

It is a WELL-KNOWN FACT that this is my BIRTHDAY WEEK and what with Easter and being who I am, you KNOW that one week is not enough (surely a DAY is not enough) therefore I plan to celebrate getting older, perhaps, all month....

My big present??????? Penny and I made the cover of the newspaper, like I told you last week, we were interviewed about volunteering with senior citizens and hospice with her as a therapy dog.
Ever heard the expression "PUFF PIECE"?  It means something like "nice little story in the newspaper".  Penny and I were the subject of a puff piece, a nice present today :)



You will recall, how can you not? that I am a professional dog walker.  I was relieved this week to find that with kids' school vacations I had no dog to walk but my own, and could therefore get some, um, er, POTTERY done, aside from enjoying my birthday week.
It was not to be.  A friend of a friend contacts me.  Puffy the cat, HER cat, needs a babysitter, can I do it?  I am like OF COURSE knowing that caring for a cat in their own home is a piece of cake compared to dog walking....

EXCEPT I get a message from the friend who suggested me who is a PSYCHOLOGIST I kid you not who says
"Watch out for Puffy.  She is a PSYCHO KITTY!!!!!!"
You imagine that if a PSYCHOLOGIST calls a cat psycho, you are NOT BEING PAID ENOUGH.

The reality is, of course, that Puffy is my new best friend...we get along GREAT.
She doesn't like the wife though...the wife keeps her distance....
I made this journal for the family, I am a very chatty notetaker when I care for pets....



They have 2 fish also, one black and one white.  They have no names.  I call them chocolate and vanilla.  I was very careful to count the number of fish in the tank.  When you babysit fish, you want to, ahem, try to be certain that the number of fish does NOT go down while the family is gone....


LIKE THEY WERE SAYING "psycho kitty"??????  Actually she is a sweetie :)
But you do wonder, ahem, if bored psycho kitties might spend the week UNdecorating the fine Easter egg tree....


Finally, speaking of today's theme of PUFF, I made PUFF PANCAKES for Easter breakfast!  Those things sure bake up huge...and DELISH!  Have an awesome day!

11 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

I expected a cat named Puffy to, well be, Puffy... as in long haired. She is adorable just the same.
And good that you counted the fish, after all they will be alone most of the day with a psycho kitty!

Congrats on the newspaper spread, that's a great birthday present.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Love that you were a puff piece of news....that is the only kind of news I like to read; you know, the good stuff!
You might need to change your professional name from Dog walker to cat talker and fish counter. :)
Have a great day! Enjoy your birthday week, or month in your case. :)

cookingwithgas said...

Happy Birthday and hopefully Happy Spring!

Barbara Rogers said...

Happy almost birthday...going to tell us which one? Puff is a sweetie psycho kitty. Waiting for the shoe to drop... Congrats on your well deserved publicity (maybe not for the reasons you'd choose, like how about pottery?)

Lori Buff said...

You should celebrate your birthday all month. Why wouldn't you.
Nice to make the front cover, congrats to you and Penny.

Momma Fargo said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONTH!

smalltownme said...

I love their easter tree. Have a great birthday week!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEK!
THat's a lot of puff--I half expected to see you wear a puffy jacket to walk the dog at the end;)

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I absolutely agree with birthday week and birthday month. I've always thought that the queen has the right idea with a birthday jubilee!

That cute little Easter egg tree would be toast in seconds with my puffy cat Henry around.

Sylvia said...

Happy Birthday Week!!

auntjone said...

Happy birthday to you! The cat and the pancake are fabulous!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.