Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Time Warp Tuesday: Tomb Raider Time!!!!

You know Jen runs Time Warp Tuesday, right?  A chance to look back at your old photos?
I am taking poetic license with this AGAIN.
I am writing about photos of old things!
I am walking Nook the other day through one of the cemeteries in Ithaca and see next to a tombstone....


A BIG HOLE leading into a grave!
On the one hand, you want to get closer and LOOK INSIDE.
On the other, you know that ZOMBIES, SPOOKS OR VAMPIRES might be nearby!
I did get close.
There is an OLD BOTTLE in there.
I tell the wife "It is probably full of GOLD COINS, but I am NOT touching it...that is like, vampire bait for humans:  you grab for the bottle of gold coins and THEY GRAB YOU!  Probably suck your blood then let their zombie friends eat your flesh..."

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there a caretaker for this old cemetery? If so, let them know and they can take care of the vampires. It is strange looking, it looks like paper or something shredded at the opening.

ALBUG

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

You look terribly cold standing there trying not to get eaten by zombies!

Lori Buff said...

But think of the story you'll have to tell.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

I'll have to show this to my sister since her newly married last name is Kenney. Maybe she would be able to avoid the zombie curse if she is a relative. Then she could get the bottle of gold coins and share with us since you found it and this is my brilliant plan! Only little problem is that she lives in Milwaukee. Rats! Foiled again.

Michèle Hastings said...

DON'T TOUCH THE BOTTLE!

smalltownme said...

I think it's a zombie gopher.

Susan said...

You look pretty fit - you could out run slow zombies - but I wouldn't want to go up against those fast ones...

gz said...

(O)

Janet said...

rub the bottle, maybe a genie will come out! Looks like dollar bills in the dirt...

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

ROTFL...

Also, I *LOVE* the new header pic. You look like a celebrity caught by the paparazzi. :)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.