Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, April 12, 2013

Ravioli PIE, Gary style, and a MYSTERY

Hmm, here I am , holding an apple with a smiley face on it...where am I going, what am I DOING Saturday?  Tis a mystery!  I'll let you know Sunday...comments are wide open for now, get in there, tell me somethin'.... AND MEANWHILE.....



GOOD GOLLY we love ravioli pie.  I had this clipping from some ancient magazine taped to a card and I make so many changes over the years and substitutions I FINALLY got rid of the original clipping and wrote down what I DO. ****
What I do is GOOEY and FLIPPIN' DELICIOUS...as any dog would tell you....






****
Gary's TO DIE FOR ravioli pie

you need a 9 inch pie plate (or 8 x 8 pyrex brownie pan) and:
--approx 13 oz. package frozen vegan ravioli, or any ravioli, actually, cooked per directions
--3/4 cup non-dairy "cheese", or ACTUAL cheese if you insist
--diced bell pepper, a carrot, 1/2 an onion, or any veggies actually, I was gonna add broccoli but realized I did not have any this time
--spoonfuls of hot peppers from a jar if you want plus any other spice you like
--about 16 oz tomato sauce
--2 vegan sausages diced, about 6 oz, or actual sausage DAMN YOU CARNIVORES!

-preheat oven to 375
-cook ravioli per directions
-saute diced veggies several minutes, toss in fake sausage and spice and hot peppers
-cover the pie plate bottom with about 3/4 cup of tomato sauce, then lay out all the ravioli, then dump the veggie-sausage mix on top of that, add the rest of the tomato sauce, GENEROUSLY! then finally top w/ the "cheese"
-if it seems like the pie plate is bursting full of stuff, put a cookie sheet under to catch drips, otherwise, just toss the thing in to bake about 30-40 minutes then EAT
-makes 4 enormous servings :) my version here is half the original recipe, because this is a great dinner for 2 plus lunch the next day, but if there is a big family, double the recipe and use a lasagna pan :)


5 comments:

smalltownme said...

Ravioli is going on my shopping list RIGHT NOW!

Michèle Hastings said...

you got my attention at the word RAVIOLI!

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Wow does this look good. Can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing.
Maggie

Elaine said...

This looks superb. Btw, can you give me the recipe(or point me in the direction if you've posted it) for your calzone dough?

Anonymous said...

Mercy! That is the best recipe I've come across in ages! Thanks, Gary!!!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.