Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

talking about EXTRAORDINARILY cute....



It was gorgeous Tuesday, and I had to walk my friend's dog Nook... Penny and the wife came along. Penny and the wife are like "Let's go to the falls! Now lets go way up on the Cornell campus!". It was one and a half hours and some miles, mmm hmmm :) Sometimess I imagine how cute Penny and Nook's puppies would have been, they are very close friends....

In other news, I have been working on this teaset and the little dishes just came out of the kiln.  I am entering a special exhibit and competition this weekend in Cooperstown... I hope this wins a spot!
Have an awesome Wednesday!

 

(pottery by Gary Rith)

9 comments:

~ Sil in Corea said...

Nook and Penny would have made the cutest puppies ever!

That tea set is a WINNAH! You make the most delightful pottery, Gary. What a pleasure to create beauty every day, you lucky man!
:-D

Michèle Hastings said...

You must get lots of attention walking those two cute dogs together.
The tea set is a beauty... I am sure you will win a spot!

Barbara Rogers said...

Yummy tea set...great looking day for your dog walk! (About time, eh?)

Lori Buff said...

I really love the knobs you put on your tea pot handles. Pretty glaze too.

bartster said...

Cooperstown...Hall of Fame: Gary's IN! Great tea set. I'm amazed at the inspiring places that are within (with effort) walking distance--great that you appreciate the beauty located practically in your backyard.

Love the angle of Penny's ear---our dog has one that she sometimes juts out at a perfect 90 degree angle almost like she's signalling to negotiate a right turn:)

Annie said...

Yes, very cute doggies! Love your header!!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Hello cute doggies! Love the tea set. I'm a big fan of the tea pot on a tea pot!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Wonderful set -- I love the teapot handle on the lid! :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the contest! Those are lovely pieces--and cute pups.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.