Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Sunday, April 21, 2013
(new mugs by Gary Rith)
My pal Vegan Mother Hubbard makes a stack of pizzas for her husband's birthday and luckily there are twins to help eat all that...one of those pizzas is THAI PEANUT SAUCE pizza and I am like "say WHAT?".
You know a) I love peanut butter and b) I make peanut noodles all the time, so c) why NOT make a pizza with peanut butter sauce???? You can check how she does it here. The only change I made was
a) I knew I was making a big pizza and therefore made 50 percent more sauce and
b) instead of cauliflower we used pretty little sliced bell peppers which I HIGHLY recommend, cauliflower or no
c) my pizza dough recipe calls for baking at 400 and she says 375. My wife said "try it her way first, in case there is burning or something" but next time I might go with my usual 400 baking temp, and watch the pizza around the 14-15 minute mark
d) holy CATS, speaking of peanut butter pizza, I gotta TRY THIS next time too! Have a great Sunday!
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 5:56 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- Time Warp Tuesday: it was 20 years ago today...
- the GLUTEN-free and VEGAN fascists....
- when SPRING springs...
- "oh yeah, they say there is a baseball museum arou...
- when HATE comes to town
- little pitchers have big ears...
- talking about EXTRAORDINARILY cute....
- Time warp Tuesday: 17, annnnnd....
- "the guild of chimney sweepers...and potters"
- peanut butter....pizza?
- "you cut off half my head!"
- BAKED cats and dogs....
- shockingly warm spring day
- Calzones: Gary's killer kalzones REvisited!
- Time warp Tuesday: TRIPS.
- so, yeah, we went to NYC
- can you GUESS?
- Ravioli PIE, Gary style, and a MYSTERY
- "he looks like Snuffleuppagus!"
- THE END.....
- speaking of cats....and blueberry muffins...
- Time warp Tuesday: ancient birthday edition!
- feeding the BEAST....
- a CELEBRITY chef...
- now don't get all preachy on us....
- birthday week = NEW TOYS!
- HUGE chunks or why does everybody want to get in b...
- photo DUMP
- Time Warp Tuesday: Tomb Raider Time!!!!
- Puff piece, Puffy the cat and Puff pancakes...
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Okay, peanut sauce... peanut butter... Thai-style pizza... I could eat that. But what I was really thinking was DESSERT PIZZA with peanut butter and chocolate chips... you know, to go with my coffee. :)
Love the new springtime header and the Bansky quote!
Peanut butter pizza! It makes me think about other butter pizzas.
The flowers in your header are perfect for today!
Why not indeed!
I like the higher cooking.
I love a Thai pizza. Penny's so cute, lying there "helping" you like that.
You are kinder than I deserve. But I'm really glad you liked the pizza. I love the addition of the red pepper. I'll try the higher baking temp, next time, too!
Love it. Zeek's pizza in Seattle makes a Thai pizza to die for. Broccoli, red onions, green peppers, bean sprouts, carrots and fresh cilantro layered over mozzarella, peanut sauce and an olive oil glaze (choose 1-5 stars [of heat]). (Note: not an ad for Zeek's pizza; I live in Europe.)
I can't talk my guys in to trying a peanut butter pizza, unless it's a dessert pizza. But-- I used your recipe a couple days ago to make calzones and they were delicious. Thank you!
YUM! I was thinking broccoli too. Now I want Thai peanut noodles.
Post a Comment