WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Sunday, April 7, 2013
a CELEBRITY chef...
Helen was over Saturday. You live in a small town or city like ours and you know people for a variety of reasons, multiple connections and all the rest! Helen's cousins live next door to us BUT more importantly, she has known Penny the beagle longer than us---she has worked in the office of the SPCA for many years, and was one of the people who cared for Penny at the shelter before we adopted her. Isn't that neato? Penny remembers....
I was dreaming just now, REALLY!, that I was a celebrity chef running a competition amongst 3 up and coming chefs. The one guy I remember most was the one who had to serve a small monkey. He had made some soup and salad which was a good start, with some carefully selected wine for the monkey, but the mistake he made was then planning to serve a lasagna. Those things take forever, right? The monkey was getting really restless, all the other chefs were serving dinner to their guests and the monkey was bouncing around....the chef was unrepentent: he knew his lasagna would be good (due to his secret ingredient: nutmeg in the ricotta) but it would be quite awhile before anything was served....
probably better to have that thing baking long before dinner, hmm?
I was talking with the wife the other day about PINEAPPLE PANCAKES.
I was saying "you know, like when you are a kid? You put a pineapple ring in each pancake? Holy CATS it is yummy!!!!" and she had no idea what I was describing, so I made them Saturday*** and the way the pineapple gets crisp and carmelized in there, then you put syrup on that whole thing....you may love blueberry pancakes but these are SPECIAL....
***Gary's recipe for 6 small vegan pancakes
--Fill a half cup measure with mostly white flour, plus some whole wheat flour and quick oats so that it totals... a half cup!
--dump that in a bowl, add 1 1/4 TBS baking powder, 3/4 TBS sugar and a dash of salt
--add 1 1/4 TBS canola oil and a little more than 1/2 cup of soy milk---the batter can be really thick as you stir, and you want it thick but not impossible, right?
--add blueberries as you stir if you want OR
--pour batter into 2 hot frying pans, and after a minute or 2 you can place a pineapple ring on each, frying each pancake on medium a few minutes, flipping, etc, until it looks done----
THE EASIEST AND HEALTHIEST pancakes you have ever made! They are not heavy at all, quite fluffy and tasty!
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- Time Warp Tuesday: it was 20 years ago today...
- the GLUTEN-free and VEGAN fascists....
- when SPRING springs...
- "oh yeah, they say there is a baseball museum arou...
- when HATE comes to town
- little pitchers have big ears...
- talking about EXTRAORDINARILY cute....
- Time warp Tuesday: 17, annnnnd....
- "the guild of chimney sweepers...and potters"
- peanut butter....pizza?
- "you cut off half my head!"
- BAKED cats and dogs....
- shockingly warm spring day
- Calzones: Gary's killer kalzones REvisited!
- Time warp Tuesday: TRIPS.
- so, yeah, we went to NYC
- can you GUESS?
- Ravioli PIE, Gary style, and a MYSTERY
- "he looks like Snuffleuppagus!"
- THE END.....
- speaking of cats....and blueberry muffins...
- Time warp Tuesday: ancient birthday edition!
- feeding the BEAST....
- a CELEBRITY chef...
- now don't get all preachy on us....
- birthday week = NEW TOYS!
- HUGE chunks or why does everybody want to get in b...
- photo DUMP
- Time Warp Tuesday: Tomb Raider Time!!!!
- Puff piece, Puffy the cat and Puff pancakes...
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)