Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
You will recall that last week I talked of making a CAKE STAND for the wife, or cake plate if you prefer, and I made the first one I had ever made, in 2 pieces. These sorts of things REALLY like to break and warp in the kiln, it is a very unstable shape. Somebody suggested I make them in one piece, stand and plate together, and I have since done so with a second cake stand which is bigger than this one, and I hope it fires OK too...but for now? THE FIRST ONE IS OUT! And looking magnificent....it is ours and for us...and for, well, important personages and serving them in the way they prefer....BTW, I accidentally dumped the can on the floor a second after these pics and Buster our big dog ate all Spike's lunch.... (I opened another can...but poor guy!)
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 5:39 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ginger cashew carrot fat cat....
- vroom vroom!
- 20 years plus.....
- teapots on teapots....
- hotter n' hell Thanksgiving :)
- some of you have been asking about my slippers...
- beagle O'rama......and then some
- the most fancy teapot you have ever seen in your life
- Tuesday's post TODAY
- because of ME the breakfast room got locked.....
- smooth sailing so far....
- oh gosh, see ya...when????
- diary of a BAD CAT and pottery in action....
- speaking of adorable beagles....
- public newdity!.....nekkid like Lady Godiva
- DOG is my co-pilot....
- serving ROYALTY?????
- Putting Penny on a pedestal...and a POT
- How to win friends and influence people, according...
- "management material": ME???????
- the birds and the bees, the bags and the kitties....
- bits and pieces.....
- making stuff, living the life.....
- Pajamas, penguins, Penny, parties and polar bears:...
- PARTYtime: me in my Pajamas partying with Penny a...
- NOT 6 am at all.....
- Saturday and beyond
- the kindergarten way......
- the wife will be appalled and upset when she sees....
- Baking Love....
- oh GOSH, not another yellow teapot??????
- ▼ November (32)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Success! I'm sure the next one will be great too!
In the second picture, Spike appears to be contemplating whether or not it INDEED is worthy of his royal attention.
Great job on your trial cake stand run!
Beautiful cake stand!
Gotta love that Spike licking his chops in the first image and his reserved contemplation in the others. Great idea re the cake stand.
second picture Spike says "cake stand is great - where the heck is the fresh tuna?"
Spike is such a camera beast!!!
LOVe the cake stand...gorgeous!!!
OH, btw, that is a pair of bowls in the middle...just tossed that in :)
The Royal Cat Dining Cake Stand looks great but poor Spike....the indignation of having the dog eat your dinner....sigh.
Poor Spike. I'm certain you've already made this INJUSTICE up to him.
I'm snickering about Buster getting the unroyal (but still tasty) treat(ment).
Wish you had a picture of Spikes reaction! (or maybe not)
1. Lovely translation of the flower shape to the bowls.
2. Your cake stand could easily morph into an amanita mushroom design. Cap and stem! With a little froggie hiding out underneath..
Post a Comment