You will see below the parts that went into making the cake stand and car wall piece. I hadn't made a cake stand before, but the wife wants one from me for Christmas. You make it and you are like "this thing is wicked fragile, hope it survives drying and firing without cracking". I figure if it survives (I can make many many more, btw) it will be YELLOW!
Also, I was talking to Brett and Robin earlier in the week about an exhibit of my wall pieces in 2012. Sure, I do wall pieces, you have seen the 3 pigs or the cow over the moon, but in talking with them, I got an idea for BEAGLE RIDING IN A CAR adorable wall piece, and made one....you see the dome shape below, which became the car....and of course, you also see the DOG IN THE CAR which inspires art work like that (Penny and I went on a trip to hike in the gorgeous fall weather yesterday, soooo nice out!)
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ginger cashew carrot fat cat....
- vroom vroom!
- 20 years plus.....
- teapots on teapots....
- hotter n' hell Thanksgiving :)
- some of you have been asking about my slippers...
- beagle O'rama......and then some
- the most fancy teapot you have ever seen in your life
- Tuesday's post TODAY
- because of ME the breakfast room got locked.....
- smooth sailing so far....
- oh gosh, see ya...when????
- diary of a BAD CAT and pottery in action....
- speaking of adorable beagles....
- public newdity!.....nekkid like Lady Godiva
- DOG is my co-pilot....
- serving ROYALTY?????
- Putting Penny on a pedestal...and a POT
- How to win friends and influence people, according...
- "management material": ME???????
- the birds and the bees, the bags and the kitties....
- bits and pieces.....
- making stuff, living the life.....
- Pajamas, penguins, Penny, parties and polar bears:...
- PARTYtime: me in my Pajamas partying with Penny a...
- NOT 6 am at all.....
- Saturday and beyond
- the kindergarten way......
- the wife will be appalled and upset when she sees....
- Baking Love....
- oh GOSH, not another yellow teapot??????
- ▼ November (32)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
What a sweet and loyal hiking partner. Love the cake stand! Great idea.
Dog is my co-pilot, indeed.
Gosh, Gary, the stuff you are producing is just getting better and better!
i love to make cake stands but the survival rate for me is about 50% or maybe less... so many of them slump or warp. i wish you better luck than i have had... maybe reduction firing to ^10 is harder on them.
anxious to see them finished!
Love love love that cake stand!
Darling wall piece! Go Penny!
I will be eager to see how much slumping occurs with cone 6. Probably will be okay. When I make objects like that I usually use the slab roller. The clay molecules seem to behave better on a flat plane, than a spiral. Can't wait to see results.
Love, love, the photos. Gosh that Penny is so darling. I like the wall hangings also, we have made several styles. So fun to make, and just darn fun. Really get to utilize one's creativity.
Cake Stand! Claudia faints.
What a beautiful place you live too. Penny is the perfect passenger :o)
I LOVE the doggy wall hanging!
I can't wait to see the cake stand when it is done!!!!
Penny...she is living the good life isn't she???
I do cake stands in one piece. I'm curious to see the survival rate you have with the two piece method.
ONE PIECE! I hadn't thought of that, but of course!
oooh, cake stand!!
Is there anything happier than a dog on a car ride?
Post a Comment