Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, November 3, 2011
the wife will be appalled and upset when she sees....
(new teapot by Gary Rith)
I absolutley love my job, love my work. Except for mixing glazes. This is an old house with an old basement. It is dry, which is nice, AND THE HOUSE IS SO OLD you can see the logs...because this house was built as a log cabin on river stones originally in 1865, then added and adjusted, modernized in 1885 to the style then called "Italianate" and ...painted purple by the last owners.
Anyway, spiders or no, I would still hate mixing glazes, which consists of measuring and dumping powders and cleaning buckets. I do some in the basement where all the ingredients are kept (silica, talc, kaolin etc) and the outdoors--and it was a beautiful day and I need to get as many mixed before winter as possible.
OK, so, you know, the one yucky part of my job...what is to upset the wife? She will see this picture and be like
"you were down there with the spiders making a mess in YOUR BEST LAMBSWOOL SWEATER?".
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 5:44 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ginger cashew carrot fat cat....
- vroom vroom!
- 20 years plus.....
- teapots on teapots....
- hotter n' hell Thanksgiving :)
- some of you have been asking about my slippers...
- beagle O'rama......and then some
- the most fancy teapot you have ever seen in your life
- Tuesday's post TODAY
- because of ME the breakfast room got locked.....
- smooth sailing so far....
- oh gosh, see ya...when????
- diary of a BAD CAT and pottery in action....
- speaking of adorable beagles....
- public newdity!.....nekkid like Lady Godiva
- DOG is my co-pilot....
- serving ROYALTY?????
- Putting Penny on a pedestal...and a POT
- How to win friends and influence people, according...
- "management material": ME???????
- the birds and the bees, the bags and the kitties....
- bits and pieces.....
- making stuff, living the life.....
- Pajamas, penguins, Penny, parties and polar bears:...
- PARTYtime: me in my Pajamas partying with Penny a...
- NOT 6 am at all.....
- Saturday and beyond
- the kindergarten way......
- the wife will be appalled and upset when she sees....
- Baking Love....
- oh GOSH, not another yellow teapot??????
- ▼ November (32)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Dude: you've given her photographic evidence of clothing carelessness.
Living with an artist, I'm betting she's had to deal with that a LOT!
I'm on Team "The Wife".
In your best sweater????? You are gonna get it!!!
I'm wondering if my blog for today is going to upset my sweetie too. Why do we do that?
In your argyle!? Gary!!
My least favorite thing to do also Gary - I think I should have paid more attention in high school chemistry class and my calculations are often off. Love the sweater - can I send you an apron for Christmas?
Oh yeah, better start baking more cookies to appease Maude. I too hate mixing glazes. I don't hate making them as much as the screening, and sieving them. UGH! Takes what seems like forever.
I wear only junky, crummy, clothes when I go out into the studio. That sweater is way too cool, and wonderful to work in.
But I can be the naughtiest person also, so I can't judge you! hahahhahha!
yes, the sieving, the screening, I dunno, all that powder just floating around, getting on you and your hair, blech :( and there were TWO aprons just nearby, but well......
Excuse me, is this a posed photo?
you can see in that pic that I spilled on it, OOOPS
Gary, Gary, Gary...
Why do men do this?! Mine has been wearing his new vest in places it has no business going.
the worst part about mixing glazes is wearing a respirator... it almost send me into a not being able to breathe panic attic!
... remember to wash that nice sweater by hand in cold water :o)
Post a Comment