Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, March 18, 2011

Three way for High Five Friday!

Georges Le Soq and Georgine join me in wishing you a HAPPY HIGH FIVE FRIDAY with all the trimmings. HFF is when you can give your buddies that gleeful greeting that celebrates another week's end...you earned it indeed....
BTW---I am on a BUSINESS TRIP Saturday (BWAHAhahahaha!!!! partying in NY city with my friends = Business trip, take THAT IRS!) so I will not post again until Sunday, but you KNOW its gonna be good :)


I have been messing around in the studio, per usual. Nifty pitcher, eh? And the teapot below has 2 experiments: a whacked and wiggled handle and a sort of diagonal quilted surface...
memorize that, just in case there is a quiz....


(new pottery by Gary Rith)

New cow jumping over the moon plaque that I made, now for sale at my etsy gallery!

10 comments:

Reverend Awesome said...

Spike is such a little weirdo! I love him.
That pitcher is bad ass.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Sticking it to the 'man'!!!
Have fun Gary.

Michèle Hastings said...

have a fab weekend in the city -
cool pitcher!

Susan as Herself said...

Spike in a rug burrito! Chief does a similar thing under the corner of the area rug in the dining area.

Have fun in NYC!!! Jealous!

Unknown said...

Wow, great Rocking new style of pots...Love Spike always has that humans look delicious if only I weighed 500 lbs more...lol HFF to the Sock Monkey Cuties, you know we love em....and have a great Business Meeting! If we could we would be there to party, um, discuss things too! :)

soubriquet said...

1:Whacked
2:Wiggled
3:Quilted
4:Di-nagonel?
4/4!

A*?

Do I graduate now?

soubriquet said...

I might need to lie down now... I seem to be seeing all wiggly, almost like the old days when the television's vertical and horizontal hold went askew.

Really like the teapot, especially.
I'd expect the tea to come out still spinning.

Might need the pitcher and teapot to be contra-rotating cancelling turbulence at cup level.

k.a. barnes said...

Beautiful! Enjoy NYC!

Cheryl said...

Way cool!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Love the spout on that pitcher! I bet that sucker would be AWESOME for frozen margaritas!

HFF! LUUUUUUV-iiiiitt! FWFD = HFF!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.