My old pal Alex used to call tofu 'toad food' which is hilarious. Of course, toads eat bugs, not soy. Anyway, my cholesterol, even though I am a vegan and eat a boatload of soy and nothing animal at all, is crappy I find out today. I have bad cholesterol in my genes, dammit, and I swear I can bring it down naturally, but ANYWAY
like I was saying below, following one step after another? Making cars last week has given my ideas to build on, and I am like, working on this teapot just now, and seeing new possibities..oh so exciting. It is very big and will be hard to glaze, so I outta make more like it, but smaller....thanks for listening :)
(new work by Gary Rith)
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- messing around...
- Benji comes OVER and 5 years in the purple house P...
- Spike, me and a big bowl and me goofing off: the e...
- "I never expected to be eaten footfirst by Godzilla!"
- I made a red car!
- "the bigger the cushion the...."
- DO NOT LOOK if you cannot stand the sight of BLOOD...
- used to have a truck.....
- go groovilicious badass for high five Friday.....
- later that same day...
- the many joys of the northern spring...
- toad food and wabi sabi 2
- wabi sabi
- "its not my fault!!!"
- Sin City on Saturday
- "I was thinking a horned Viking helmet would be fu...
- Three way for High Five Friday!
- it was St Paddy's eve!!!!
- I made a car!
- octopuss's garden....
- Pennykins! and then some....
- HEAVY METAL MONDAY and the big ass 'stache.....
- I made a truck!
- Georges le Soq goes to the DOC
- the whole duck thing and High Five Friday with bab...
- she calls me "SMOOCHIES" and....
- penguin season.....
- baby Alex the movie star, Penny, the wife and me.....
- little Dude strikes again!!!!
- back to school with Gary....
- the aftermath....
- better than snakes I s'pose....
- Baby Alex digs SPIKE for heavy Metal Monday \m/
- when Baby Alex met Penny.....
- workin' it......
- Happy High Five Friday! 0/\0
- just ducky......
- make good decisions
- a couple of birthdays
- ▼ March (43)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Toad Food, hahahaha! We do not eat Tofu, just can't hide the texture, or taste enough for us.
Love the letting loose, and freedom of your new works. They always have a Dr. Suess influence, which you are naturally good at. Whimsical, loads of movement, and always a darling critter balancing and holding it all together. Beautiful work, and totally original you! :) Love it!
While I do not care for tofu, I do enjoy edamame, and of course wasabi!
Toad food! LOL
Genetics can be a crap shoot.
My husband pours heavy cream in his coffee and has wonderful cholesterol levels, despite heart disease in the family. I skip the heavy cream and take a statin pill. Sheesh.
This is like my Mom and Dad. My Dad eats like holy hell. Candy all day and garbage. My Mom eats like a reasonable person, high cholesterol. What the hell!?
When I go in for my physical they test mine and tell me numbers and I'm just like, "Okay, soooo what does that mean?" (Obviously learning nothing from my sister the nurse.) "It's fine. Bleep Bloop Blip Numbers ##### are in the normal range." None of that sticks. I just can't keep that knowledge in my head. My head rejects numbers!
I love these! So fun. Just like you!
Sorry about your bad numbers, but I love what you're doing here with with your new ideas!!!
Cool pots. I like the spout on the pitcher. The teapot has a rather Christa Assad-ish feel to it. Good stuff.
Post a Comment