Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
"its not my fault!!!"
CM orders a yarn bowl for herself and another sent to her mother, both in different parts of Canada. Her mom gets hers in a week, CM never gets hers. Month and a half goes by, ah HA! Here is this mushy, smashed, OPEN box back in the US at my PO waiting for me, having traveled to Canada and back, CM's order. The box did not survive, but the pottery did. Luckily CM is my best pal and we will see her later on and pass it to her in person.....
Speaking of all this, you could order something like this spiffy frog in a cup from me, now available at my etsy gallery! Be daring! What will the PO do to your order, and will Gary have packed it well enough to survive????? (YES!!!!!!!!!! It will!!!)
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 5:55 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- messing around...
- Benji comes OVER and 5 years in the purple house P...
- Spike, me and a big bowl and me goofing off: the e...
- "I never expected to be eaten footfirst by Godzilla!"
- I made a red car!
- "the bigger the cushion the...."
- DO NOT LOOK if you cannot stand the sight of BLOOD...
- used to have a truck.....
- go groovilicious badass for high five Friday.....
- later that same day...
- the many joys of the northern spring...
- toad food and wabi sabi 2
- wabi sabi
- "its not my fault!!!"
- Sin City on Saturday
- "I was thinking a horned Viking helmet would be fu...
- Three way for High Five Friday!
- it was St Paddy's eve!!!!
- I made a car!
- octopuss's garden....
- Pennykins! and then some....
- HEAVY METAL MONDAY and the big ass 'stache.....
- I made a truck!
- Georges le Soq goes to the DOC
- the whole duck thing and High Five Friday with bab...
- she calls me "SMOOCHIES" and....
- penguin season.....
- baby Alex the movie star, Penny, the wife and me.....
- little Dude strikes again!!!!
- back to school with Gary....
- the aftermath....
- better than snakes I s'pose....
- Baby Alex digs SPIKE for heavy Metal Monday \m/
- when Baby Alex met Penny.....
- workin' it......
- Happy High Five Friday! 0/\0
- just ducky......
- make good decisions
- a couple of birthdays
- ▼ March (43)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
All you mugs are terrific. Hubby uses the mug with the penguin inside looking up at him and when he sees it he smiles. The heart magnet with the dog on it is the best. It is on the frig.
Ah I've had that happen to boxes before! Where I've had returns from the US back to the UK - so lucky!
I'm just glad it arrived somewhere!
Poor CM, having to wait... but at least it is one piece! (No surprise there, I've had plenty of boxes from you, all packed so very well.)
That frog on his lily pad is very tempting, but with putting the house on the market, we will not have the space to add anything to our belongings (we've been packing things up instead) nor will there be any funds for buying happy coffee cups (don't ask how much money we are losing on this "investment").
Well they gave it a try. Canadian addresses are just too complicated. Or something like that. haha
Please share -- what is a yarn bowl? The incompetent knitter in me is curious, and willing to bet that something as fabulous as a "yarn bowl" will make me a better creator, ar at least LOOK like I'm better than I am. Pictures? Hello etsy . . .
I can vouch for your packing skills. Chicago has the worst postal service in the nation, and my box was very beat up... but the mugs were perfect! And Chief the cat enjoyed playing in all the wrappings!
LOL LOL Jay, I am sure that has something to do with it. Sorry to hear about the smashed up box, but thank God the pottery survived...:)
Canada post SUCKS. Blame them. Shipping is very expensive through them and I am sure they play rugby with the packages.
I feel like everything that happens at the Canadian border is bad news. The taking me to immigration, searching our van and now this. And I know Lizzie is always having problem. THIS IS 2011! Get it together, post office!
Post a Comment