Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Benji comes OVER and 5 years in the purple house PLUS other goodies....
We moved into the PURPLE HOUSE 5 years ago today, HUZZAH! Fast five years. It was 70 degrees that day, hot and windy (several inches snow expected today, actually). We wrote the biggest check of our life that day and moved in with our 5 dogs and cats (of that group only Buster remains, the rest are in the pet cemetery out back) and golly, I love it here. We are very fortunate. :)
SO, Benji comes over yesterday to see Penny. Benji is not a dogs guy, but he wuvs Penny, as you would. As Benji says:
"Penny is such a small dog, but she has such a BIG personality". Benji has also known her since the first days we got Penny, 4 years ago and he is like
"She was such a scrawny little stray back then, look at her now, a beautiful and healthy dog".
I have been fiddling with a lot of ideas, and goldarnit, they are LOOKING GOOD aren't they?
(new pottery by Gary Rith)
"I just wanna make love to you, underneath the STROBE LIGHT!"
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 6:55 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- messing around...
- Benji comes OVER and 5 years in the purple house P...
- Spike, me and a big bowl and me goofing off: the e...
- "I never expected to be eaten footfirst by Godzilla!"
- I made a red car!
- "the bigger the cushion the...."
- DO NOT LOOK if you cannot stand the sight of BLOOD...
- used to have a truck.....
- go groovilicious badass for high five Friday.....
- later that same day...
- the many joys of the northern spring...
- toad food and wabi sabi 2
- wabi sabi
- "its not my fault!!!"
- Sin City on Saturday
- "I was thinking a horned Viking helmet would be fu...
- Three way for High Five Friday!
- it was St Paddy's eve!!!!
- I made a car!
- octopuss's garden....
- Pennykins! and then some....
- HEAVY METAL MONDAY and the big ass 'stache.....
- I made a truck!
- Georges le Soq goes to the DOC
- the whole duck thing and High Five Friday with bab...
- she calls me "SMOOCHIES" and....
- penguin season.....
- baby Alex the movie star, Penny, the wife and me.....
- little Dude strikes again!!!!
- back to school with Gary....
- the aftermath....
- better than snakes I s'pose....
- Baby Alex digs SPIKE for heavy Metal Monday \m/
- when Baby Alex met Penny.....
- workin' it......
- Happy High Five Friday! 0/\0
- just ducky......
- make good decisions
- a couple of birthdays
- ▼ March (43)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
I am impressed with the condition of the purple paint on the outside of your house. Have you had to paint the outside in the five years you have been there? It looks like you take good care of your home.
We try to take good care. It had been painted just before we bought it :)
Beagles are a lot of personality in little packages.
I was going to ask the same thing as Technobabe. Your house is so wonderfully vibrant...just like you....and Penny...and Benji!
I love the look for the spouts you made but I have a feeling I would need to practice pouring without making a huge mess.
Five years...well, that calls for a bottle of bubbly!!!!!
Penny =love bug/wiggle worm!
How could anyone NOT love Penny?
I think your house looks just like you: fun, creative, vibrant.
I have a purple kitchen. Try to keep vibrant stuff coming out of there, too!
It appears Penny loves Benji right back. Awww.
I feel a kinship with Penny though I've never met her.
I like her look. Like she's got black eyeliner on. She's a dog after my own heart.
Lovely jugs- do they pour well too?
Congrats on five years! Love your house too, reflects the fun inside too! You and Maude are the greatest!
Love your new pottery too!
I am with Kasey, any dog with eyeliner on is a friend of mine...aw but Buster and Spike are friends too! I love them all...
Fun Pots going on there- love that red!
Yay! Congratulations! Your house found the right people! :)
Post a Comment