Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
I was like "I wanna make an octopus in a cup!" and I did! Starfish too. On sale at my etsy gallery, here is the description:
Gorgeous blue-green glazed mug about 4 inches tall, with an octopus inside . Your friends will be at your house having cocoa and a) freak out but then b) congratulate you on your sense of humor and c) admire your good taste. Fully handmade and gorgeous, OK in the microwave and dishawasher.
In other news, we have an exhibit of Cornell University pottery instructors going on...here is mine...party 3-5 today at WSH art gallery....I was snapping pics of everybody's but was told I don't have permission to post those pics, OOOPS!
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 7:19 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- messing around...
- Benji comes OVER and 5 years in the purple house P...
- Spike, me and a big bowl and me goofing off: the e...
- "I never expected to be eaten footfirst by Godzilla!"
- I made a red car!
- "the bigger the cushion the...."
- DO NOT LOOK if you cannot stand the sight of BLOOD...
- used to have a truck.....
- go groovilicious badass for high five Friday.....
- later that same day...
- the many joys of the northern spring...
- toad food and wabi sabi 2
- wabi sabi
- "its not my fault!!!"
- Sin City on Saturday
- "I was thinking a horned Viking helmet would be fu...
- Three way for High Five Friday!
- it was St Paddy's eve!!!!
- I made a car!
- octopuss's garden....
- Pennykins! and then some....
- HEAVY METAL MONDAY and the big ass 'stache.....
- I made a truck!
- Georges le Soq goes to the DOC
- the whole duck thing and High Five Friday with bab...
- she calls me "SMOOCHIES" and....
- penguin season.....
- baby Alex the movie star, Penny, the wife and me.....
- little Dude strikes again!!!!
- back to school with Gary....
- the aftermath....
- better than snakes I s'pose....
- Baby Alex digs SPIKE for heavy Metal Monday \m/
- when Baby Alex met Penny.....
- workin' it......
- Happy High Five Friday! 0/\0
- just ducky......
- make good decisions
- a couple of birthdays
- ▼ March (43)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
think of all the free publicity they are missing since you can't post those pics.
...that octopus could give someone a fright as they near the end of their beverage! very cool.
Love the Octo-mug!
Those are both awesome Gary!!!
all the more reason to start a 4th underground blog for illegal photos :o) those mugs are way cool!
I caught a starfish in the ocean off Florida once. I looked him over and bit and tossed him back. I bet it was a harrowing experience for the little feller. I feel bad about it now.
Oh waaaaaay cute! I have some pictures of ginormous starfish from the pac NW..Orcas Island in the San Juans off the coast of Washington State. I'll see if I can find them and post for additional inspiration. ;^) (Not that you need much.)
Absolutely had to have the octopus...fell in love at first glance! Yippee!!
You know we love em...really cute, and oh so funny! We really liked the "crabby Clams" also. Great stuff Gary!
Real octopus scare me. Cartoon/clay octopi are sooo cute!
I love the octopus!
Oooooh, I'd like to be,
under the sea,
in an octopuss's garden
Love the cups!!! Love the colors!!!
Post a Comment