Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Saturday, March 12, 2011
Georges le Soq goes to the DOC
I go to the doctor yesterday for a basic chat about asthma, although I cannot remember the last time I felt a problem (although naturally, Murphy's law, needed the inhaler later that day, first time in MONTHS) because I am, you know, lucky and healthy. She is a great doctor, and as much as I like her, I don't really like being touched, and was glad the whole apt. consisted of her sitting over there talking to me sitting over here.
But my rude French sock monkey GEORGES is a different story. She is like STRIP, and I tell the doc, "Georges has terrible hygiene and unhealthy habits". Here is a rundown:
Height: me- nearly 5 foot nine, Georges, a foot and a half
Weight: me- 141, Georges barely a pound
pulse: me- 62, Georges ZERO
blood pressure: me- 110 over 70, Georges ZERO
respirations: me--YES!, Georges NO!
The doctor turns to Georges and is like "you're dead" and he is like "no, am NOT!" and the doctor turns to me and says "he is a stuffed toy, and he does not have insurance" and I am like "no, really, its like Santy Claus and the Easter Bunny!" and she is like "Gary, I think you need some help...lemme make some phone calls..."
(pottery by Gary Rith, aka SMOOCHIES)
In other news, dig these bowls and cups, just listed at my etsy gallery!
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 6:14 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- messing around...
- Benji comes OVER and 5 years in the purple house P...
- Spike, me and a big bowl and me goofing off: the e...
- "I never expected to be eaten footfirst by Godzilla!"
- I made a red car!
- "the bigger the cushion the...."
- DO NOT LOOK if you cannot stand the sight of BLOOD...
- used to have a truck.....
- go groovilicious badass for high five Friday.....
- later that same day...
- the many joys of the northern spring...
- toad food and wabi sabi 2
- wabi sabi
- "its not my fault!!!"
- Sin City on Saturday
- "I was thinking a horned Viking helmet would be fu...
- Three way for High Five Friday!
- it was St Paddy's eve!!!!
- I made a car!
- octopuss's garden....
- Pennykins! and then some....
- HEAVY METAL MONDAY and the big ass 'stache.....
- I made a truck!
- Georges le Soq goes to the DOC
- the whole duck thing and High Five Friday with bab...
- she calls me "SMOOCHIES" and....
- penguin season.....
- baby Alex the movie star, Penny, the wife and me.....
- little Dude strikes again!!!!
- back to school with Gary....
- the aftermath....
- better than snakes I s'pose....
- Baby Alex digs SPIKE for heavy Metal Monday \m/
- when Baby Alex met Penny.....
- workin' it......
- Happy High Five Friday! 0/\0
- just ducky......
- make good decisions
- a couple of birthdays
- ▼ March (43)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
we will back you up on this one :o)
Can't say I get on with them either!
Love the frog bowls!
It may be a guy thing...when I look for a prospective doctor, I look at the size of their hands; particularly now that I'm at the big 5-0--
(the MD I have now has mitts the size of hams, so I'll be looking elsewhere).
cutest bowls ever!
The snapping on the glove pic is perfection.
I could swear I heard the snap of the glove....glad to hear you survived the doctor's visit but obviously Georges is in denial over his condition. Happy weekend!
You are a NUT!!!
The GLOVE!!! LOL!
Now this is a great blog, love it for sure. Of course Georges is a zero, all sock monkeys are zeros..lol :) Sorry to hear of your asthma. I only have asthma attacks when I go to doctors. lol lol :) and especially after I get the bill.
Love your frogger pots, so darling. Ribbit-ing pottery.
Gary, you *are* a nut, but a really fun one! :)
Sneaky Georges, getting a check-up without any health insurance.
Yo, Gary, I really like it when you show different pieces of pottery. Enjoy your Sunday.
Does Obama's health care overhaul cover sock monkeys?
Post a Comment