Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, September 12, 2013

IMpossibly delicious: Gluten-free vegan rice crispy treats!

I get these "rice crispies" at the store.  Made with brown rice, chocolate, with a koala on the front!  A healthy take on the one I had as a kid.  I was telling the wife the other day about the fun we had baking when I was very small, and the many varieties of rice crispy treats we made:  you can stir in m and ms, nuts, red hots, jelly beans, whatever!  OR smear chocolate frosting and m and ms all over the top, mmmmm.
BUT, as you may know, they are made with marshmallows, which is formed from the junk scraped off the slaughterhouse floor.  REALLY!  Jello and gelatin and marshmallows is made from whatever is left  after the butchered animals have been drawn and quartered and the cat food is  canned from the leftovers...the very last bit of animal guts...OK, enough of that.  But you can see why I went veg at 16.  I think about this sh!t.

SO, what to do, if you want to make GOURMET rice crispy treats, vegan and naturally Gluten-free????
CLICK here, this awesome recipe I came across uses honey or agave and peanut butter to make the most delicious treats on earth, SO EASY.  I did not see any reason to NOT add 1/2 cup choc. chips and nuts....


In other news, the dog was HOT yesterday.  See if you can find the psycho kitty in these pics....

4 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

I will always love marshmallow Fluff (considered a staple in NE!) and marshmallows, even after reading your yucky description!

Elaine said...

My husband loves peanut butter, this sounds like a good recipe to try. Like the main photo above--more proof that you're outstanding in your field!

Lori Buff said...

I've never loved marshmallows and have known for a long time that they are one of the worst foods you can eat (right next to hot dogs). Now you've given me another reason to forget them. However, this recipe sounds awesome and we will be trying these.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Oooh, these look good!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.