Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, September 14, 2013

about that harvest thing....



You know that today I am at 6 Mile Creek Winery Harvest Fest in Ithaca...YES!  People grow grapes and press awesome wine near my house!  I love this event...they really are picking and pressing, too...

BUT last week Bronwyn is like "trade ya pots for squash?  AND a lifetime supply of basil and the rest????" and it is like "OF COURSE!".

Steve and Bronwyn live on top of a big hill and this creek and waterfall is next to their house.  It is extraordinary that any human could be so lucky to live in such a pretty spot.

Back out on the hill top they grow a lot of stuff....
when I got home the lettuce and purple beans went into the fridge, the basil was later turned into pesto, which I think we will freeze, and then the various peppers and the rest covered every inch of counter we have.....suddenly we are calling our basement the ROOT CELLAR but some of the veggies needed using right away, and so I cooked a HUGE chili....I don't think I have ever made chili entirely from just picked items, OH GOODNESS yum :)
Have a great Saturday!

7 comments:

JB said...

Wow, what a place! Nothing is so good as fresh picked!

~ Sil in Corea said...

Just picked veggies have all the goodness still in them!!! They are the BEST!

Michèle Hastings said...

Beautiful! I wish we could grow veggies like that.

bartster said...

We have a bumper crop of lovely grape tomatoes (the variety's literal translation is 'a bunch of grapes'). Love the fresh produce this time of year!

smalltownme said...

She's got a beet! I love beets!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I'm totally into the fresh veggies....but I can hardly get past the WINERY!!! NICE.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

I am so jealous of this garden!!! The basil! The beets! Those tomatoes peeking over your shoulder. Ahhhhhh!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.