Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, September 22, 2013

3 random lazy-azz things...

Ever wake up, yawn, feel too lazy to upload photos so you blog post 3 random lazy-ass things instead? Like the haiku you wrote about your toe?

The eggplant colored toe haiku, by me:

The toe I stubbed
Yesterday was black but now
A pretty purple

Or even that with what, 3 years and 1 1/2 months until the next presidential election, you just clicked "LIKE" Hillary for 2016?  That woman sure as heck is experienced and TOUGH, there is a lot I like about her.  Now people are gonna be bugging me for donations every week.

And finally LLOYD Dobler!  We just saw SAY ANYTHING for the first time.  It seemed like a dumb movie at first, but John Cusack and his character are very good.  And you see the uptight girl mellow out a bit and the VERY uptight father go to jail YAY!

The wife met John Cusack at a party right around the time he did this movie (I swear TO GOD).  She was friends with the Malkovichs (think: John Malkovich's family) and they were friends with the Cusacks and Laurie Metcalfe (the sister in the Roseanne show).  Anyway, I am name dropping here, although it is all true.  
My wife met John Cusack at a party in the 80s and he said he was an actor and she said "Oh, have you done anything I might have seen???" and he already had several famous movies under his belt by then....
I asked "is he tall?" and the wife reassured me "He IS, but I love YOUR dark and curly looks".
John Cusack has those puppy dog eyes, no question....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gave her my heart and she gave me a pen.

Jen H

smartcat said...

Wake Up!

When I am sleeping
In, cats and dog nuzzle me
With, cold wet noses.

Great story!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Nice one, Jen H!

"I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that."

Sorry, Gary. You'll have to break it to your lovely wife that John is mine. :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

Your post is uber funny....and the comments above me FUNNY as well!
I love that movie. I can't believe you have JUST now watched it. Didn't you just love Lloyd's honesty? A great story for sure.
Sorry about your toe...but speaking of eggplants....I have a bunch growing in my garden! {{Eggplant Parm!}}

Lori Buff said...

Fun stuff, except the toe. I hope it heals quickly and you can still walk the pups.

Anonymous said...

That movie raised the bar impossibly high for romantic gestures...
Poor toe-but good haiku.
And that is some SERIOUS name-dropping! But how cool to have met them.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Okay, so she met John, but it was filmed in SEATTLE when I lived in SEATTLE!!

Right. That doesn't quite make me cool.

Your toe haiku is awesome.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.