WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, April 12, 2013
Ravioli PIE, Gary style, and a MYSTERY
GOOD GOLLY we love ravioli pie. I had this clipping from some ancient magazine taped to a card and I make so many changes over the years and substitutions I FINALLY got rid of the original clipping and wrote down what I DO. ****
What I do is GOOEY and FLIPPIN' DELICIOUS...as any dog would tell you....
Gary's TO DIE FOR ravioli pie
you need a 9 inch pie plate (or 8 x 8 pyrex brownie pan) and:
--approx 13 oz. package frozen vegan ravioli, or any ravioli, actually, cooked per directions
--3/4 cup non-dairy "cheese", or ACTUAL cheese if you insist
--diced bell pepper, a carrot, 1/2 an onion, or any veggies actually, I was gonna add broccoli but realized I did not have any this time
--spoonfuls of hot peppers from a jar if you want plus any other spice you like
--about 16 oz tomato sauce
--2 vegan sausages diced, about 6 oz, or actual sausage DAMN YOU CARNIVORES!
-preheat oven to 375
-cook ravioli per directions
-saute diced veggies several minutes, toss in fake sausage and spice and hot peppers
-cover the pie plate bottom with about 3/4 cup of tomato sauce, then lay out all the ravioli, then dump the veggie-sausage mix on top of that, add the rest of the tomato sauce, GENEROUSLY! then finally top w/ the "cheese"
-if it seems like the pie plate is bursting full of stuff, put a cookie sheet under to catch drips, otherwise, just toss the thing in to bake about 30-40 minutes then EAT
-makes 4 enormous servings :) my version here is half the original recipe, because this is a great dinner for 2 plus lunch the next day, but if there is a big family, double the recipe and use a lasagna pan :)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- Time Warp Tuesday: it was 20 years ago today...
- the GLUTEN-free and VEGAN fascists....
- when SPRING springs...
- "oh yeah, they say there is a baseball museum arou...
- when HATE comes to town
- little pitchers have big ears...
- talking about EXTRAORDINARILY cute....
- Time warp Tuesday: 17, annnnnd....
- "the guild of chimney sweepers...and potters"
- peanut butter....pizza?
- "you cut off half my head!"
- BAKED cats and dogs....
- shockingly warm spring day
- Calzones: Gary's killer kalzones REvisited!
- Time warp Tuesday: TRIPS.
- so, yeah, we went to NYC
- can you GUESS?
- Ravioli PIE, Gary style, and a MYSTERY
- "he looks like Snuffleuppagus!"
- THE END.....
- speaking of cats....and blueberry muffins...
- Time warp Tuesday: ancient birthday edition!
- feeding the BEAST....
- a CELEBRITY chef...
- now don't get all preachy on us....
- birthday week = NEW TOYS!
- HUGE chunks or why does everybody want to get in b...
- photo DUMP
- Time Warp Tuesday: Tomb Raider Time!!!!
- Puff piece, Puffy the cat and Puff pancakes...
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)