Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, April 4, 2013
HUGE chunks or why does everybody want to get in bed with me...
I think the answer is perfectly obvious! In a chilly climate, cats and dogs don't mess around. They find the warm guy in bed and jump right in....
But more importantly: Why not make huge cookies? I baked vegan chocolate chip cookies Wednesday and brought one up to my buddy Kerry's office. You can see she did not waste time getting into it... although all of us potters SNIFF at her manufactured cup and saucer....take my word for it: Kerry has plenty of my pots, ANYWAY!
If you are vegan, meaning no meat and not even butter or eggs, you wonder if you will ever eat anything but twigs and lawn clippings.
AH HA! OH HO!
Of course not. There are zillions of tasty recipes for vegans, like these enormous wicked delicious cookies*** that WOULD FOOL YOUR FOOLISH CARNIVORE FRIENDS....tell me you are not drooling when you see these...
That is the calzone for my lunch to warm up in the hot oven...I made 8 of them Monday and HOLY CATS what great and perfect leftovers they make (filled with potato, mushroom, spinach, "cheese" and hot peppers OH BOY)
(this is where my friends of all stripe are like "that dude sure does EAT A LOT, especially them evil CARBS" but keep in mind, most of what I eat is lo-cal twigs and lawn clippings...)
***vegan chocolate chip cookies, so easy and yummy!
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp bake powder
1 tsp bake soda
1 cup chocolate chips (we have them here without milk)
2/3 cup canola oil
1/4 cup soy milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp. dark molasses
-preheat oven to 350, grease 2 cookie sheets
-In large bowl, stir together dry ingredients
-in second bowl, whisk together wet ingredients
-add wet to dry, using a spoon and your hands too
-roll dough into nice balls, place onto cookie sheets--they spread!
-bake 8-10 minutes until they look BEAUTIFUL, let cool a couple of minutes, then use spatula to remove to a wire rack for cooling
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 6:08 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- Time Warp Tuesday: it was 20 years ago today...
- the GLUTEN-free and VEGAN fascists....
- when SPRING springs...
- "oh yeah, they say there is a baseball museum arou...
- when HATE comes to town
- little pitchers have big ears...
- talking about EXTRAORDINARILY cute....
- Time warp Tuesday: 17, annnnnd....
- "the guild of chimney sweepers...and potters"
- peanut butter....pizza?
- "you cut off half my head!"
- BAKED cats and dogs....
- shockingly warm spring day
- Calzones: Gary's killer kalzones REvisited!
- Time warp Tuesday: TRIPS.
- so, yeah, we went to NYC
- can you GUESS?
- Ravioli PIE, Gary style, and a MYSTERY
- "he looks like Snuffleuppagus!"
- THE END.....
- speaking of cats....and blueberry muffins...
- Time warp Tuesday: ancient birthday edition!
- feeding the BEAST....
- a CELEBRITY chef...
- now don't get all preachy on us....
- birthday week = NEW TOYS!
- HUGE chunks or why does everybody want to get in b...
- photo DUMP
- Time Warp Tuesday: Tomb Raider Time!!!!
- Puff piece, Puffy the cat and Puff pancakes...
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Twiggs and lawn clippings, lol. I do think that's what some people think we eat all the time for real. The cookies look yummy. Maybe we'll give them a go this weekend.
You've got me salivating, Gary!
YUM! I'm not a vegan but I would happily eat your cookies and calzones any old day. You may keep the twigs and grass clippings.
those cookies look delicious! and your twigs and lawn clipping comment cracked me up.
Post a Comment