WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, January 7, 2010
ME: ready for prime time?
"well, yes, but its not the first time" which sounds like I am some kind of pro, or maybe just a little jaded. Or maybe I am simply full of baloney.
The story goes like this:
Laura emails last October "I need a piggy bank for a baby shower, can I visit your studio?" and Laura comes along on a Saturday afternoon, and my first thought, of course, is
"goodness, you're tall!" (I am a compact person myself, and find that I look up to most of the world) but I manage to keep my mouth shut and hopefully Laura is not reading this today, but if she is, I am telling the truth when I say she is the absolute best person and I am glad I met her.
Anyway, she chooses a piggy and mentions she works doing something arty for WSKG radio and TV and I, of course, say
"Oh! Me and my teapot were on your station back in 2007, I was interviewed live during the spring auction when my teapot was donated for fundraising" and Laura says
"I know, I was there, right by you, on the phone" and I am embarrassed, of course, because obviously I am one of those stars who forgets everybody they meet.
ANYWAY, turns out Laura is friends of some of my friends, Liz and Nicki (you have seen us partying with Nicki at the Chapterhouse happy hour) and later on I get another email from Laura, along with hundreds of other artists in upstate NY:
"WSKG is having a competition and traveling exhibit. There will be judges, and a certain number of items will be accepted, and from that group, there will be prize winners blablahblah"
Laura kept sending reminders, I kept forgetting about it, but just before the Dec 1 deadline I emailed in an app, with this teapot as my entry.
Laura emails on Dec 11
"the judges were very impressed! Here is the list of accepted entries" and mine was IN so I mailed my piece to the station and forgot about it.
Yesterday, Laura emails again:
"The winners! First place, blah blah, second, blah blah blah third place 3d--Gary Rith!"
And I am like "wow!"
And she goes on to say something like
"we will be filming the awards party Friday and somebody will arrange for your interview and then your pieces will go on a tour of upstate New York".
And I am like "party? Friday? Filming????? INTERVIEW??? What????"
I don't know any more yet, but this link has the full announcement. Sadly, the studio is over an hour away and we may be having a nasty snow storm Friday...I dunno if I can make that party although I should try hard.
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- Georges Le Soq makes le b**bies
- the last day of January thank GOD
- Georges Le Soq, famous actor and super model: THE...
- wouldn't you like to wake up next to this????
- "glad I am not your neighbor"
- Wednesday = business time, Thursday = recycle day
- tater tot enchiladas with Georges Le Soq...
- Georges Le Soq and me, we're like THIS
- FARRAH and me
- my heart is not in it....
- probably everyone would think this is boring SO....
- can you make it six inches in less than 2 and a ha...
- PENNY LANE
- go NINJA all over Spike's azz...
- scaring the crapola outta a bunch o' geese...
- le beagles.....
- Georges poses NEWD
- smokin' hawt
- pints with Benji and Georges....
- no internets???????????????
- tater tots + tortillas = tater tot burritos!
- was that coffee decaf????
- le cups, le saucers....
- George Le Soq: sock monkey and super model
- master and servant....lurid confessions
- le TATER TOT PIZZA
- tweedle dee and tweedle dum
- travels and shopping with Georges, part 2
- I GET THE GOLD Jacket: a day of shopping with Geo...
- le mugs
- WHO ARE you, who who?
- SNOW PIGGY: back to the daily grind
- LIVE FROM NEW YORK its Gary....
- Gary, live on TV!
- lotsa tasty coffee...
- out with the old, in with the NEW....undies too...
- part two with Georges Le Soq: Georges wants to bu...
- post of the WEEK!
- Georges goes OUT, part one: Georges parties with ...
- people gettin' down, people gettin' CRAZY
- a wee bit of controversy
- a few words from the cabana boy...
- the CATS take over
- BLOG BY BEAGLE and cheetah print goes with everything
- BIG ORANGE FUZZY IN THE NAVEL
- le dawgs...
- go with the SPAGHETTI BURRITO
- ME: ready for prime time?
- "what am I going to do without Penny????"
- a wee bit o' boredom can lead you straight to ....
- wee little display, part 3, at Aurora Arts and Design
- wee little display, chapter 2
- a wee little display project
- now that I have offended all of America...
- the irritations of POP and LITE ROCK
- "you're not going to..."
- "too much time on his hands"
- its not a blizzard but it is a bit dicey out there...
- the president needs ME
- a clever little gizmo
- let's talk New Year's day
- ▼ January (62)