Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, November 21, 2010

supermodel, c'est MOI


Saturday I am opening this magazine and its like "HEY, that's ME!" Dude in the D and G ad has MY glasses and stubble and my curly dark hair. Unlike me, I'd say he combed his hair.
Later, Goofy Kim is over for lunch, and I show this to her and she is like
"it looks exactly like like you and your glasses, except he has that look, he looks gay". Not sure how Goofy Kim figured that....but he is copying my LOOK, except for the shabby part. I am not exactly a tidy person.




(bowls by Gary Rith)
I was making zebra stuff the other day decided to do this black bowl set in a wild animal style...and realized after it came out of the kiln: it looks like SPIKE! I did not photograph the set very well, but you get the idea. If you need a groovy set of stacking bowls painted to look like a big friendly cat, email me :)
Went hiking with Goofy kim yesterday. She got this photo, and astutely said "you always take a photo here in this creek". Its hard to get one past her...

3 comments:

celeste said...

Hey, supermodel!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful bowls, I'm sure you make Spike proud, you supermodel you!

Glennis said...

They DO look like Spike. Striped-cat bowls.

I love that creek.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.