Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, November 27, 2010

"Back off man, I'm a scientist"


YES, we were watching Ghostbusters last night.
ANYWAY, twas a very very good Thanksgiving, and here is the final story.
SO, being a vegan household and although tofurkey dinner is tasty is also very salty, we decided to make a meatless Farmer's Wife's pizza-spaghetti casserole. That is soy pepperoni on there, fake cheese too, wicked tasty! One of my relatives always calls on Thanksgiving to ask what we are eating and I do my best to shock her traditionalist self. Its a win-win situation: shock the relatives, tasty Thanksgiving dinner.
So, in addition to carving the pineapple and making jam, as you saw in the post below, we also made a pumpkin pie, triple chocolate cookies, wee little apple pies and washed it all down with cheapo jug champaigne... :)





9 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

I am so glad that you had a tasty Thanksgiving. I was wondering what you guys ate on that day....you certainly did not disappoint!!

Michèle Hastings said...

it all looks DELICIOUS!!!

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

You actually make that sound tasty!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

OMG! That ALL looks delicious!! And, you baked the pineapple? Whole? Sounds yummy! Love the wine glass with the cat etched in holding it's own wine glass -- adorable!

Thanks for sharing your pizza spaghetti resource. ;-)

Unknown said...

Can I come over for Thanksgiving next year? :D

k.a. barnes said...

Wee apple pies? Delicious!

Kimberly said...

Wow!!! Love your baked goods!!!

Unknown said...

Your Thanksgiving sounded fantastic. Ours was great too...for me it's not the food that is important, it's just being with those you love! That makes everything perfect! :)

Liz said...

I am not a fan of tofurkey either. Our first christmas in Cape Breton, away from all family, we had veggie lasagna and ceasar sald for Christmas dinner. t'was awesome and stres free. I envy your apple pies, I can't touch raw apples, because I have an anaphalactic reaction, but cooked they are fine. If I could find a bakery that would cook my mom's pie, I would pay just about anything for a slice. sadly, commercially made pie sucks hard.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.