Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, November 18, 2010

the occaisional post about pottery....


(teapots by Gary Rith)
I started drawing up a list of dynamic shapes I like to make, then I made more of them. The blue-green teapot in front is a direction I am super excited about, making a twisted sort of shape. And the one in back seems dynamic in an architectural way. Gosh, there is just so much fun you can have with clay :)

Gorgeous new things like cow mugs at my etsy shop, get you some!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That blue-green glaze is incredible! I really like how different colors come out at different parts of the teapot.

cookingwithgas said...

You make pots!
I thought you were that dashing cook form some TV show!
Jamie somebody......
Love the teapots!

Unknown said...

I ♥ swirly teapots. :)

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

NICE!... The one in the front with the swirl is particularly sweet.

Jay said...

Those colors are beautiful!

Busy Bee Suz said...

These are so cute. Moooo.

Unknown said...

I love the swirly look also, so interesting how the glaze breaks in swirl pattern...love em! Adore the Moo Moo mugs, so cute! :)

Reverend Awesome said...

That's really great, Gary! I love the twisty pot. My little pot has a twist to it too!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

kcinnova is right--the glaze is incredible; and in my two favorite colors.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.