WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, November 5, 2010
interview with a sock monkey.....part one in an ongoing series
Georges Le Soq, my rotton French sock monkey, for some reason, has a million fans. People want to know all about him, so here is the first bit:
Q-Georges, what was your childhood like?
A-(looking suspicious and guilty) Why you want to know, EH?
Q-Did you grow up around here?
A-I was born in Marseille to.....
Q-No you weren't. In the 1990s I bought some socks and
A-NO! EEEES LIES!
Q-Lemme finish. I bought some socks...hey, where are you going???
A-BAH! (door slams)
Q-Anyway, I wore holes in those socks and the wife told me she would make me a sock monkey, in like 2003. I named the sock monkey Curious George. He came with me on a trip to see Denis in Quebec in 2005, and I used him to take pictures of the border (really! now, where are those photos...) It is cool: in Derby Line, Vermont and Stanstead, QC, Canada, the border goes through the center of the village, even through the center of buildings, like even the shared public library. Anyway, came back from that trip and Georges was all like
"I am now zee international traveler, I am almost, how you zay, French" and I told him
"but you were sewn in New Hampshire from socks that had been made in Iowa"
and Georges was like
"People, and sock monkeys, change!" so I made him the little beret and the rest is history.....
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- Georges Le Soq: Two timing it with DIRTY GIRL? Or...
- kicking A$$ on cyber Monday!
- Cornell sale this week!
- "Back off man, I'm a scientist"
- glorious Thanksgiving recap, part one
- black FRIDAY
- "you're a blogger, not a logger"
- 2 of the most gorgeous vases you have ever seen in...
- le zebras!
- OUR ghost
- rough love.....
- supermodel, c'est MOI
- Hermione and ME
- BIKINIS and COVERT OPS with Georges Le Soq
- the occaisional post about pottery....
- when bloggers are busy are their posts boring?
- only a blogger goes into the bathroom with a camer...
- my tombstone
- interview with a sock monkey part 3: partying wit...
- follow your bliss....
- BIZARRE love triangle....
- Post of the week?
- love and death....
- Sad Keanoo, Georges Le Soq and me....
- starring Charlie Sheen: interview with a sock monk...
- le cows :)
- rock and roll hootchie coo....
- interview with a sock monkey.....part one in an on...
- pitchers of puppy dogs
- misdirection 2010
- elephants on parade...
- Halloween with a psycho sock monkey.....
- ▼ November (35)