Monday, November 22, 2010
(map of our village in 1897, our house is number 41, belonging then to AI Van Horn and his wife Henrietta-this stone seems to be his parents on one side, them on the other--there are other Van Horns in the cemetery, and you can see on the map that we are only a block or 2 from the cemetery)
I have been poking through records, which is not hard to do, and I went to the cemetery to find the people who, according to our title abstract, are either the first or second residents of our house.
SOMEBODY rattles around in this house, some spirit, a very noisy spirit (or resident rodent in the walls).
I don't know much about the Van Horns, but it looks like AI, who may have built our house in 1865, definately he was the owner in the late 1800s, was married to a woman named Mary before Henrietta, and she died in 1866 just after their one year old baby died. So he must have married Henrietta next....
- ► 2016 (240)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- Georges Le Soq: Two timing it with DIRTY GIRL? Or...
- kicking A$$ on cyber Monday!
- Cornell sale this week!
- "Back off man, I'm a scientist"
- glorious Thanksgiving recap, part one
- black FRIDAY
- "you're a blogger, not a logger"
- 2 of the most gorgeous vases you have ever seen in...
- le zebras!
- OUR ghost
- rough love.....
- supermodel, c'est MOI
- Hermione and ME
- BIKINIS and COVERT OPS with Georges Le Soq
- the occaisional post about pottery....
- when bloggers are busy are their posts boring?
- only a blogger goes into the bathroom with a camer...
- my tombstone
- interview with a sock monkey part 3: partying wit...
- follow your bliss....
- BIZARRE love triangle....
- Post of the week?
- love and death....
- Sad Keanoo, Georges Le Soq and me....
- starring Charlie Sheen: interview with a sock monk...
- le cows :)
- rock and roll hootchie coo....
- interview with a sock monkey.....part one in an on...
- pitchers of puppy dogs
- misdirection 2010
- elephants on parade...
- Halloween with a psycho sock monkey.....
- ▼ November (35)