Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

le zebras!


(pottery by Gary Rith)
As you know, I love zebras. Made this bowl last week, and I was like "quick, make some cups too!" and yesterday it is being delivered to a store and I pull it out of of the box and this lady GRABS it and runs to the cash register. True story! better make more :)


There was this zebra who had lived her entire life in a zoo and was getting on a bit so the zoo keeper decided as a treat that she could spend her final years in bliss on a farm. The zebra was so excited, she got out of the horse float to see this huge space with green grass and hill and trees and all these strange animals. She saw a big fat weird looking brown thing and ran up to it all excited, "Hi! I'm a zebra, what are you?"

"I'm a cow" said the cow.

"Right, and what do you do?" asked the zebra.

"I make milk for the farmer" said the cow.

"Cool." The zebra then saw this funny looking little white thing and ran over to it. "Hi, I'm a zebra, what are you?"

"I'm a chicken," said the chicken.

"Oh, right, what do you do?" asked the zebra.

"I make eggs for the farmer." said the chicken.

"Right - o, great, see ya round." Then the zebra saw this very handsome beast that looked almost exactly like her without the stripes. She ran over to it and said, "Hi, I'm a zebra, what are you?"

"I am a Stallion," said the stallion.

"Wow," said the zebra. "What do you do?"

"Take off your pajamas darling, and I'll show you."

9 comments:

Shortstuff said...

Oh my. Thanks for the belly laugh this morning.

Anonymous said...

LOL, Gary!

Unknown said...

Zebra jammies!

Hilary said...

A much needed morning laugh. Thank you for that. :)

Lori Buff said...

Cute pots and a joke to match, great way to start the day.

Michèle Hastings said...

thanks for the laugh!

Unknown said...

LOL that is a great joke, and truly love the zebras...too funny! I like how your zebras look like they are laughing...:)

Reverend Awesome said...

Viva le zebra! They do look like they are laughing.

Kimberly said...

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.