WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Gallery 41 Owego, NY August 3 and 17 . Ithaca Artist market July 26. Cooperstown Art Association "Earth, Wind, Fire" New York Invitational August 22-Sept 20.. Six Mile Creek Winery Harvest Fest September 13. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2013-2014
Monday, November 15, 2010
I think that if I had a tombstone, and I won't*, I would want it to say
"he could bake up a storm".
It would not say
"Gary was a master of shiny and clean floors" because I do an adequate job on them and it would not say
"Gary loved washing dishes" but it could say
"Gary cleaned the bathroom his whole adult life and the result wasn't as bad as it could be".
One thing I like to make is scones. Then, at breakfast time, if you set up the coffee the previous night, you just hit the coffee button, pull out plates and scones and eat. I mean, bagels are not rocket science, but there is slicing and toasting and schmearing, right?
I was out of dried cranberries and nuts Sunday, which make very good scones, but I baked anyway. With cinnamon sugar on top. I told the wife they were like giant snicker doodles...and they are :) The wife wanted to do yardwork Sunday, bless her because I hate yard work like I hate house work, and I told her I would bake her cookies. She is a skinny little thing and needs treats and rewards which I happily provide.
*Tombstones? I wouldn't want anybody wasting their money. Just cremate me and sprinkle my ashes around somewhere. There IS a family burial plot waiting for me, I am told, in Kansas City. The wife's family has some spots left, and we are the end of the family line (her family is bruied there, going back to the Civil War). I s'pose if she wanted to, she could dump my ashes in Kansas City....
- ► 2014 (203)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- Georges Le Soq: Two timing it with DIRTY GIRL? Or...
- kicking A$$ on cyber Monday!
- Cornell sale this week!
- "Back off man, I'm a scientist"
- glorious Thanksgiving recap, part one
- black FRIDAY
- "you're a blogger, not a logger"
- 2 of the most gorgeous vases you have ever seen in...
- le zebras!
- OUR ghost
- rough love.....
- supermodel, c'est MOI
- Hermione and ME
- BIKINIS and COVERT OPS with Georges Le Soq
- the occaisional post about pottery....
- when bloggers are busy are their posts boring?
- only a blogger goes into the bathroom with a camer...
- my tombstone
- interview with a sock monkey part 3: partying wit...
- follow your bliss....
- BIZARRE love triangle....
- Post of the week?
- love and death....
- Sad Keanoo, Georges Le Soq and me....
- starring Charlie Sheen: interview with a sock monk...
- le cows :)
- rock and roll hootchie coo....
- interview with a sock monkey.....part one in an on...
- pitchers of puppy dogs
- misdirection 2010
- elephants on parade...
- Halloween with a psycho sock monkey.....
- ▼ November (35)