Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, November 12, 2010

follow your bliss....


(pottery by Gary Rith, and YES, that is a baby)
Follow your bliss, right out the door if that is where it takes you. Thursday was mega-super, wasn't it? I had all these items come outta the kiln the first thing, including this pair of teapots. I am working on this six sided idea, and I am very pleased with the result. Then got some work done, a lot of work done, and grabbed the beagle and went for a hike. How many warm sunny days do you get in November? Maybe not too many :)




12 comments:

Unknown said...

I know, what's with the weather, right? I'm not complaining, but we had a 70 degree day here a few days ago. 70! :)

Is that a Winnie and a Penny on top of those pots?

CiCi said...

The shapes of your teapots are so interesting. Wonderful colors you achieve too. Did I mention how much we like the doggie bowl you made for my granddaughter? I will do a post soon about it.

Michèle Hastings said...

follow your bliss... my favorite quote and one that i am trying to live by. gotta love joseph campbell!
(nice teapots, btw)

Lori Buff said...

We are having the same weather here in Atlanta, good days to be out with the dogs.

Busy Bee Suz said...

awwww...these are just great.
Love following my bliss.

I had a little baby beagle at my house this week....so darn sweet.
Photos will be shared one day soon.

Unknown said...

Great Blog, love the teapots, penny photos, the weather was so lovely here this last week also...taking advantage of it before winter is the way to go....! :)

Gordo said...

It's kind of sad that people need to be told to follow their bliss, isn't it? Greg and I have found ours finally and I'll follow it wherever it chooses to go.

I really like the six-sides, Gary. Honeycomb cells are hexagonal, eh? ;-)

BSOB said...

Great work Gman! Hey - wheres the snow?? What the heck, i thought you were in upstate NY?
I like the 6 sides.

Check out the new poll on my Both Sides - someone you know might want to vote

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Beautiful scenery and love of pets and family. ;-) Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I love how Fall keeps stretching out so we can keep enjoying it. And I see Penny has also welcomed Winnie into the family. Good ol' Penny. (I looked through my photos yesterday of our visit there and smiled at the ones of MusicMan and Penny.)

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Like the six sides! Gorgeous photos. Enjoy your weekend!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

You have some amazing fall walks to take. Gorgeous!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.