Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, December 3, 2015
purple and green and glaucoma again...
Thanks for your kind words yesterday, when I wrote about glaucoma and me. Again, I am very lucky: under good treatment with little damage at this point.
But I just had an awful dream: the treatments continue to fail and the damage gets very bad, my sight very limited, and the dream is about the realization that I am not gonna get any vision back, my sight is fading away. UGH. What a flippin' nightmare. But then I had an interesting dream where I was learning how to graft branches on a cherry tree, to grow abundant cherries :)
OK then, back to the pottery blog: I had a young visitor to my October open house who messed around on the wheel with great delight, making herself a bowl. She returned last week to glaze: "I want to make it purple and green!" she tells me (which happened to be the color or her curly hair--I told her grandfather, a friend of mine who was helping her out, "don't you just wish you could dye your hair purple and green like a ten year old girl?" and he replied "you could, what's stopping you????").
ANYWAY, so I needed to do some glazing too, and rather than just green went for purple and green too, I love that color combo! Like iris, or eggplant! And guess what? I get a new bottle of eye medicine to try yesterday, and it too is purple and green...
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 4:20 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- the end of 2015 means only about ten months until…..
- you're probably wondering….
- neighbors eating neighbors….
- athletic little #$%ker…..
- if you have orange, why not make carrots...?
- back to normal...
- opening the kiln on Christmas day...
- it was 23 years ago today....
- a green Christmas is a guilty pleasure...
- homemade gluten-free tortillas and beagles
- LETHAL carrots and the underground economy....
- the first almost snowfall....
- the extraordinary thing about Penny....
- gluten-free banana cinnamon scones!
- none of mine....
- SO MANY beasties....
- Penny's day...
- so THAT is over and done with....
- last day of the show! 30 percent off!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- hohohohoho and then some....
- oh man, getting to the busiest of the busiest, sor...
- the studio potter VS ANYTHING that is not handmade...
- beagles and tigers and elephants and piggies OH MY
- how to commit a felony, or the craziest dogsitting...
- the day of rest before the final push....
- the day after....
- doodling them.....
- oooooooooooh purple and green, oooooooh!
- purple and green and glaucoma again...
- the artist with glaucoma
- desperately seeking celadon....
- ▼ December (31)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Oh sweet inspiration! I used to use purple and green a lot. Don't know why I stopped; time to re-explore!
Purple and green were the colors for our decorations for our wedding day. Love the combo. (A repost as I think I didn't post properly the first time, so forgive the repetition).
You never know what color combo will be of interest to whom!
Purple and green could be your lucky colors! Go ahead dye your hair while you are it :-)
I just sold a purple and green pitcher yesterday. It’s a beautiful combination.
The colors of your house before you painted it! :)
I love that you also posted a picture of her sweet bowl.
Missed the post yesterday, so trotting back over to read...
(PS: Are those bowls for sale? A cousin wants to know...)
Hi Gary.. wow!! I missed yesterday's post, so am now caught up.. Sheesh!! Good luck with the new meds...yes, we, in North America, are so fortunate. Have a great day.. cheers, Trish.
I'm digging the purple and green. I hope your next dreams are positive and not scary. :)
Post a Comment