Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, December 5, 2015

doodling them.....


(new elephant mugs drying over the heater...I was realizing yesterday that as complicated as they are, I have made so many I was just sitting there listening to the radio and thinking of, oh, I dunno, lunch, shopping, whirled peas, just making elephant mugs on auto-pilot)

You will recall my mom and dad visited a week ago. When they left I was inspired to draw them and sought out the sketchpad and began drawing, also me, Santa, the dog, etc.  Just this sort of simple curvy style of drawing, and I really get a kick out of it.

You see them on the mug below left...NO, it is does not exactly look like them (they read this blog "morning mom and dad!") but the dude floating upside down with glasses, upper left, is me :)
I didn't know how this doodle would look on a mug (turned out flippin' AWESOME) so I only made one, and it was packed on top of a box going out to the Ellis Hollow Art Fair today.  WELL, as you can see below it was unpacked and filled and is at my side now....

1 comment:

smalltownme said...

That's a memory of elephants!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.