Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Tuesday, December 8, 2015
how to commit a felony, or the craziest dogsitting day.....
This was going to be a post about decorating pots by hand....that will wait for another day.
You know Yogi is a dog I babysit, and he is my awesome studio companion while his family is away. Yesterday he helped me glaze a boatload of pots, make dinner, walk to the post office, play with my dog and cat, he is a big part of this family. He was my FIRST dogsitting gig, starting in early December 3 years ago when he was a puppy and I love him like my own dog.
He was the first, and as you know, nice people keep asking me to care for their pets too. Yesterday I walked one and got back to their house and it all turned into a nightmare. But the best thing about this nightmare (and the next one!) is that even though I wanted to freak out, I took care of things and ended the day with a smile, feeling like a million bucks.
SO, I get back to their house and...no key. Where did I put it? I check my many pockets...no key...we REDO our walk, NO KEY on the sidewalk! I figure I might have to take that dog home to my house...but you know how you hear you can pick a lock with a credit card. YOU CAN. It is ridiculously easy. I got an old red cross card of mine out of the car and in less than 5 seconds popped the lock and was in the house with the dog (note to self: USE THE DEADBOLT!).
On the way home, you know those tiny pockets jeans have, the watch pocket? I have never put anything into one of those. Yeah. I had slipped the key in there by accident..... I was relieved, no harm done, and now I know how to burgle a house!
OK, so on to the next dog of the lunchtime hour....I go into the house and it is a little dark and I walk through a LAKE OF SH!T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a little pond, a GREAT lake of sh!t. I rid myself of socks, find the paper towels and windex and a bag and get the mess up...luckily on tile, not the carpet.
There are crumbs on the floor.
There is a savaged gingerbread house on the table.
The dog had gotten into the gingerbread and lived to tell the tale.... anyway, I called the family and said I would care for the dog as usual, but they MIGHT WANT TO COME HOME SOONER rather than later.....
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 4:47 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- the end of 2015 means only about ten months until…..
- you're probably wondering….
- neighbors eating neighbors….
- athletic little #$%ker…..
- if you have orange, why not make carrots...?
- back to normal...
- opening the kiln on Christmas day...
- it was 23 years ago today....
- a green Christmas is a guilty pleasure...
- homemade gluten-free tortillas and beagles
- LETHAL carrots and the underground economy....
- the first almost snowfall....
- the extraordinary thing about Penny....
- gluten-free banana cinnamon scones!
- none of mine....
- SO MANY beasties....
- Penny's day...
- so THAT is over and done with....
- last day of the show! 30 percent off!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- hohohohoho and then some....
- oh man, getting to the busiest of the busiest, sor...
- the studio potter VS ANYTHING that is not handmade...
- beagles and tigers and elephants and piggies OH MY
- how to commit a felony, or the craziest dogsitting...
- the day of rest before the final push....
- the day after....
- doodling them.....
- oooooooooooh purple and green, oooooooh!
- purple and green and glaucoma again...
- the artist with glaucoma
- desperately seeking celadon....
- ▼ December (31)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
You could write another blog “Adventures in Dog Sitting.”
I love the bowl with the elephants on the rim.
Oh my two goodnesses! What great stories your nightmares make...just sorry you had to spend all that time going through them! Hand painted ceramics is the name of the game!
Oh my, what a day! Glad that it ended well.
Never a dull moment in a creative life. Pots looking great.
Post a Comment