Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Tuesday, December 29, 2015
neighbors eating neighbors….
Have I told you this? I have been drawing characters lately, which later get onto mugs, of some different personalities…the lady in the glasses is Tiny Central, Zee is the alien, Dud has the smiley tee, and Sammy Twolane the ordinary kid… I have a mug of my own with them on there, and soon there will be more characters….
In other news, we are having a mildly terrible ice storm. I awoke to no power or heat or water….(egad, no coffee and the house is COLD!) and I suddenly felt like a total suburban wimp, knowing that soon my neighbors would be shooting and eating each other and burning pianos to melt snow for drinking water…but I tried to keep my wits about me and huddled under blankets with book, flashlight and cat (who forgave me for tripping over him in the dark). What killed me about the power outage is my neighbors across the river HAD power, all their lights on. This is the first time in ten years we have lost power, because we live on a state highway almost next to the electric utility's main office….but I could see power crews out there, the lights came on (COFFEE!!) and the heat too. It was only an hour. And to make things even, I could see across the river THEIR power was out now that ours was on…go figure….
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 6:08 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- the end of 2015 means only about ten months until…..
- you're probably wondering….
- neighbors eating neighbors….
- athletic little #$%ker…..
- if you have orange, why not make carrots...?
- back to normal...
- opening the kiln on Christmas day...
- it was 23 years ago today....
- a green Christmas is a guilty pleasure...
- homemade gluten-free tortillas and beagles
- LETHAL carrots and the underground economy....
- the first almost snowfall....
- the extraordinary thing about Penny....
- gluten-free banana cinnamon scones!
- none of mine....
- SO MANY beasties....
- Penny's day...
- so THAT is over and done with....
- last day of the show! 30 percent off!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- hohohohoho and then some....
- oh man, getting to the busiest of the busiest, sor...
- the studio potter VS ANYTHING that is not handmade...
- beagles and tigers and elephants and piggies OH MY
- how to commit a felony, or the craziest dogsitting...
- the day of rest before the final push....
- the day after....
- doodling them.....
- oooooooooooh purple and green, oooooooh!
- purple and green and glaucoma again...
- the artist with glaucoma
- desperately seeking celadon....
- ▼ December (31)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
CUTE mug people!
We live on the wrong side of the street for power outages, I've concluded. And when it goes, we're among the last ones back on.
Glad you got yours back fairly quickly. The no coffee-no heat combo is a killer.
The only thing good about our 8-day power outage before Thanksgiving was that I had several appointments with the surgeon and there is a coffee kiosk right outside his office. Thomas Hammer coffee is a local roaster/brewer and so good!
We also had the neighbors across the street from us who HAD power. Although it was annoying to see lights when we were in the cold and dark, it did mean that a boy could run over there and plug my phone in for an hour to charge it up.
Glad your power outage was short this time!
I hate when you come home and you can tell the power has been off because the digital alarm clock is flashing and you don't know how long it was off for. I worry about perishables spoiling in the fridge.
Post a Comment