Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, July 13, 2015

phenomenal: July fest part one



I am flippin' worn out after 3 days of exhibiting pots and hanging out with friends and the music and mirth....I'll give you the rest of the story Tuesday.

Highlight number one:  the woman who came back after a couple of hours and said "I always buy one thing at this fair and this year you are IT"--my sales were, as they usually are for this thing, awesome and

Highlight number two:  we bought 2 tiny paintings, 4 x 4 and 4 x 5 inches, from a painter named John Carroll.  My wife is not often with me at fairs and I rarely buy anything, but these really caught our eye, such little sweeties! And a great price and artist....funny, you go to the grocery store or the auto mechanic and drop a ton of money in a second and art is so dang AFFORDABLE in comparison!

9 comments:

Lori Buff said...

Your booth looks great, I’m glad it was a good show for you.

The paintings are very nice. I love getting art from fellow festival artists. It’s always a happy reminder of a good show as well as makes my home more beautiful.

Michèle Hastings said...

Congrats on a great show! Those paintings sure are sweet.

bartster said...

Being in a place where extraversion rules, an introvert gets tired even when enjoying conversation (says me post convention). The booth looks great and I am glad people responded so well to your work!

Barbara Rogers said...

Glad to hear you had a good show...and those are precious paintings! Colors remind me of someone with yellow in his booth, oh my, who could it be?

Polish Pottery said...

Truly you look like an artist on the photo

gz said...

You had a great display. Not surprising that you sold.
Love those acquisitions !

Busy Bee Suz said...

So nice that your hard weekend was worthwhile; love your display. The fruit art is right up my alley; LOVE!!!

Anonymous said...

What a pear!
And a nice complement, too.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Glad you had a successful fair. LOVE the tiny pear painting.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.