Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, July 5, 2015

no rest for the wicked, the weary, or the catwhisperer....


(Scoop and me)

You get older and you MIGHT NOT SEE THE APPEAL of fireworks.  Especially in the inebriated hands of a neighbor who lives a couple blocks away (I am guessing who it is).  OK, fireworks for the kids after dark, right?
  BUT INTERMITTENTLY FROM 10-1 am??????????????
Just as you get to sleep again, ZZZZZZZZZZ BOOOOOOOOOM!
I think my beagle and I should take an early morning walk over to their yard, she can leave a package on their lawn and howl at the varmints LOUDLY.....

I spent the fourth working, natch!  I mean, I have a 3 day festival to attend next week, right?  SO, the kiln is on, the hands are busy making and glazing.

BUT, as you might guess, there is a lot of catsitting for the amateur and professional catwhisperer....I saw Scoop and Puffy Saturday.
Puffy is totally sweet although she has a well-deserved reputation for being psycho. Just don't let her see your hands! She'll slash at them....
Scoop is like a golden retriever, but with bottle caps...you toss them down the hall, she brings them to you.  She was born in my friend's yard to a feral cat but adopted at 3 weeks and she could not be sweeter or smarter.

Then of course, home to my own cat Spike who is like "where have your hands been....?".



Puffy


Spike

4 comments:

smartcat said...

You are a potter. Where else would you spend the day but in your studio?
Is it me or are fireworks more like artillery these days? Of course, when I was small, fireworks in the hands of any but professionals was totally illegal. We were happy with sparklers!

Anonymous said...

I agree 100% on that view of fireworks. Shoot 'em off at dusk, be done an hour later. There were some neighbors out here blasting off loud ones at 1 even 2 and randomly to boot. Made me crazy and I cannot imagine how the pets felt.

Barbara Rogers said...

OK, what in the blazes are you feeding pink flowers to Puff for? No wonder she's making a face!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

You don't ever want to spend July 4 in Florida. Fireworks, the big ones, are all legal (or legal-ish) down here. Ridiculous.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.