Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, July 20, 2015

first swim.....



(drawing of swimming woodchuck by Gary Rith)
My parents have a farm an hour's drive from us.  As you have heard me say, they don't farm it, but another farmer cuts the hay meadow, and we pick apples in fall from the old apple orchard.  Most of the acres are now deep woods, a river, creek and pond.  The pond is awesome and great for swimming.
As I have said, it has been a cool and rainy summer, but Sunday was hot, so I finally got in....

it is also a tradition to steal rocks from their place for our garden...I may be terrible at growing plants but I am awesome at growing rocks....


5 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Yummy vase for the pretty bouquet. Woodchucks are pretty big aren't they?

Lori Buff said...

That looks really inviting.

bartster said...

The sequence of photos tells the story and I love the drawing of the cat leaping off the pier.

Michèle Hastings said...

Looks like you had a perfect day!

Anonymous said...

Looks like the perfect spot for a summer dip.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.