Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Tuesday, July 1, 2014
teapot Tuesday and a fond look back at June
(new teapot by Gary Rith)
I was like "make a teardrop shaped jar" and when I did I was like "this thing has GOT to be a teapot!". It is big, it is a luscious emerald green and I had to dig through my box of handles and luckily had one very big handle ready for it....
June was a VERY wild ride here. It ended with my niece in town and she is something else. It was just the other day she was an enormous 10.5 pound newborn basketball and now at 24 she is, well, a lot more grown up than me (and she is a small woman, which nobody would have guessed when she was a baby). My family guards their privacy (haHA! NOT ME!) so I should hold back here, but she is wicked smart and lives in LA and very athletic and charming....and can you believe I forgot my camera every time I could have gotten pics?
June had great weather for us. Early July always seems HOT and it is now. I am wondering why I am sitting here with HOT coffee. But June was great. It began with Penny having problems, etc, but everything has smoothed out... what a difference a month makes!
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 4:56 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- gargoyles and grotesques C'EST MOI...
- QUICHE LA POODLE or real men don't BAKE vegan quic...
- blowin' the roof off....
- mugshot Monday and MORE
- bees' knees!
- "ask permission before you take photos"
- Artist Market 2-8
- "so this is what being self-employed is like.."
- shysters, slackers and slick cons....
- free POTtery and a dog and pony show!
- mug shot Monday, ahoy!
- Campbell Meadow
- lions and tigers and bears OH MY!
- she tells me "never eat fruit"
- she came bearing sweaters....
- zip your lip?
- I am in a lot of other people's kitchens this morn...
- an 11 piece Ukranian jazz band in my bathroom
- (almost) running out the door...
- the BIG SCHLEP
- ROAD TRIP: when good potters (and good dogs) go B...
- little pieces...
- the fabric of life: you weather the ups and downs
- when Mother Nature sends you perfection...
- bowled over...
- it was quite muggy.....
- "bite me!"
- teapot Tuesday and a fond look back at June
- ▼ July (30)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
I'm a little teapot, short and ... oh never mind!
June went by way too fast, huh?
Have fun with your amazing niece.
Happy happy that June turned out so nice for you after all!
I'm glad that June turned out well for you. As it should be. I like that pot.
Such a great shape she has, teapot that is!
Post a Comment