WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
shysters, slackers and slick cons....
Tuesday was hot. The kiln was on full speed and finished, the rack of newly thrown pots complete, the dog sitting job (walking in the hot sun!) over and only one last thing to do Tuesday, a cat sitting job. Which took me a few miles ... in the direction of my parents and their pond.
I earned that dip!
Had some funny dreams: in one I walking in Chicago's busy west Loop and along with a small crowd of other walkers raced across the street...apparently traffic ignored the lights at this spot and nearly all of us narrowly missed getting flattened! At the far side, a young lawyer was walking around handing out business cards and asking if anybody was injured and wondered if they wanted to sue somebody? Then I walked into a store and everybody wanted glasses like mine! So we used a magic xerox machine and made 11 copies....and charged the new owners 25 percent of the cost of the originals, whatta scam!
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- gargoyles and grotesques C'EST MOI...
- QUICHE LA POODLE or real men don't BAKE vegan quic...
- blowin' the roof off....
- mugshot Monday and MORE
- bees' knees!
- "ask permission before you take photos"
- Artist Market 2-8
- "so this is what being self-employed is like.."
- shysters, slackers and slick cons....
- free POTtery and a dog and pony show!
- mug shot Monday, ahoy!
- Campbell Meadow
- lions and tigers and bears OH MY!
- she tells me "never eat fruit"
- she came bearing sweaters....
- zip your lip?
- I am in a lot of other people's kitchens this morn...
- an 11 piece Ukranian jazz band in my bathroom
- (almost) running out the door...
- the BIG SCHLEP
- ROAD TRIP: when good potters (and good dogs) go B...
- little pieces...
- the fabric of life: you weather the ups and downs
- when Mother Nature sends you perfection...
- bowled over...
- it was quite muggy.....
- "bite me!"
- teapot Tuesday and a fond look back at June
- ▼ July (30)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)