WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, July 3, 2014
I have been on a long catsitting job with a friend's marmalade cat, an orange tiger named ODIN. WHAT a sweetie! If you are intellectually curious and the name ODIN strikes a chord, you are like "some sort of Norse god, thunder or something..." and so you read wiki and find
the Allfather of the gods
Odin is a principal member of the Æsir(the major group of the Norse pantheon) and is associated with war, battle, victory and death, but also wisdom, Shamanism, magic, poetry, prophecy, and the hunt. Odin has many sons, the most famous of whom is the thunder god Thor.
Then you start to think "OOOOH, the root of that name Odin or Wodan--do a little trimming and add G and you get GOD! "
YES, the family has a Swedish background. But like I say, he is a HUGE sweetie. He doesn't even hunt, although birds cluck at him nervously. We play inside then go outdoors where he has a fenced yard...which he stays in until I shake the crunchies in the kitchen and he comes running....
A week ago, post allergist visit, I told you my 43 item skin test showed severe allergic reactions to most, allergic to all 43. Number one was, ahem, when the doctor said as the pricks had just been made and the test began, tapping my back "there goes your cat!". Nothing new there, my dog was next.... but I am USED to them. I don't seem to react to them. BUT holy CATS, rubbing faces with Odin here? I am NOT used to him. Got the swollen face and the runny nose (which passed, no probs). ...but he is worth it....
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- gargoyles and grotesques C'EST MOI...
- QUICHE LA POODLE or real men don't BAKE vegan quic...
- blowin' the roof off....
- mugshot Monday and MORE
- bees' knees!
- "ask permission before you take photos"
- Artist Market 2-8
- "so this is what being self-employed is like.."
- shysters, slackers and slick cons....
- free POTtery and a dog and pony show!
- mug shot Monday, ahoy!
- Campbell Meadow
- lions and tigers and bears OH MY!
- she tells me "never eat fruit"
- she came bearing sweaters....
- zip your lip?
- I am in a lot of other people's kitchens this morn...
- an 11 piece Ukranian jazz band in my bathroom
- (almost) running out the door...
- the BIG SCHLEP
- ROAD TRIP: when good potters (and good dogs) go B...
- little pieces...
- the fabric of life: you weather the ups and downs
- when Mother Nature sends you perfection...
- bowled over...
- it was quite muggy.....
- "bite me!"
- teapot Tuesday and a fond look back at June
- ▼ July (30)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)