WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Monday, June 30, 2014
mugshot Monday and MMMMmmmm, oh MY.....
Guess what my breakfast was, 2 seconds ago? YES. The very chocolaty goodness you see there. It is the perfect summer UNbaked treat, just warm some stuff in a saucepan, mix, freeze and when done keep them cool in the fridge.
I loved making marshmallow treats when I was a kid. Mix rice crispies with something like marshmallow and margerine, super UN-healthy, and marshmallows are made with gelatin which is the gunk they scrape off the slaughterhouse floor. (Sorry to turn your stomach, but if you are not a vegetarian you might be eating some enormously nasty things :)
BUT even if that was not true, these treats are a million times better. Peanut butter, chocolate, honey, YUM! ****
In other news, the mugs below may look like what I posted a few days ago, and YES! They are variations.... have an awesome Monday!
(new pottery by Gary Rith)
gluten-free vegan or vegetarian rice crispy treats
-Lay a sheet of wax paper onto a cookie sheet
-in a bowl stir 3 cups of rice crispies, or even better Koala crisp chocolate rice cereal with a half cup of chocolate chips (get dairy-free): optional, also add half cup of nuts or even some coconut
-in a saucepan warm on medium 1/2 cup plus 2 TBS peanut butter, 1/2 cup honey or molasses or maple syrup or agave (some vegans don't like to use honey), dash of salt and 2 teas vanilla
-when the peanut butter mix is heated and stirred smooth which only takes a couple of minutes, turn off heat and pour in the rice crispy mix and stir together thoroughly--the choco chips start to melt, and it becomes a big, lovely mixed mess
-use a spatula, smooth the mixture out onto the wax paper, then freeze for a half hour
-slice into bars
-store in freezer or fridge
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- mugshot Monday and MMMMmmmm, oh MY.....
- " boil thou first i' the charmed pot!"
- in which your S3XYHAWT blog host STRIPS DOWN TO *N...
- when words fail you...
- at THE PLAZA....
- PIZZA: it's what's for dinnah...
- Teapot Tuesday and twisted pizzas!
- mug shot Monday!
- ripply green...
- solstice OR midsummer dreaming
- "when free isn't cheap enough"
- a cat coffee cup is a pretty poor dog dish when yo...
- a posse of pitchers...
- teapot Tuesday and a terrrrrrible messsssss....
- mug shot Monday: slice and dice....
- why do I have to keep going back to high school?
- so THAT was Friday the 13th...
- in which I become a FAMOUS AUTHOR
- a dollar or 2 more....
- pitchers: career choices involving baseballs and ...
- a twist on teapot Tuesday
- my mugshot Monday... new favorites!
- Snowbird's Cottage
- starry starry night :)
- gluten-free rice tortillas from the beagle test ki...
- Penny = NO cancer :)
- the IDEAL
- finally: HOT!
- Socca to me!
- a favorite or 2...
- ▼ June (30)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)