WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, March 14, 2014
if you are lucky, you GROW old but do you have to get CRABBY too?
(I am NOT crabby or grumpy, how could I be, I gave the wife a sunflower!)
Here is my point: I am a very positive person, right? Or I try to be?
I tell the wife:
me: "I am at the checkout and say "thank you!" and the seen-it-all young woman tells me "not a problem!" and I walk away thinking "ARGH! I WANNA BLOW CHUNKS!"
she: "a bit dramatic..."
me: "I hate that "not-a-problem" sh!t. Do people get old and then get grumpy????? Fuch!"
she: "Totally understandable. It's like she is saying "you might have been a problem, but I chose to ignore the fact that you were almost a problem...this time"
me: "THAT's it...see, she INSULTED me, or nearly did, by not saying "you're welcome", so I can crab about it, shout out sh!t like "KIDS THESE DAYS!."
she: "Where DID that not-a-problem thing come from..."
me: "Right, so we can say that old guy thing "KIDS THESE DAYS!" BTW, Lorde is only 17 and she kicks ass....so I can go back to being Mr Positive :)"
In other news, our blizzard wasn't TOO bad...just 5 inches and 5 degrees. I have been babysitting my best pal Ray's cat Scoop, who is famously at the top of my list: PETS I WANT TO KIDNAP I LOVE THEM SO. Scoop is so named for her mittens...extra toes...and she is a killer mouser, wicked smart and playful, loving and fun. She is like a golden retriever with bottle caps, throw them, she catches them, and BRINGS THEM TO YOU!
Penny is so dang cute is she not?
Everybody likes Lorde's Royals, which is pretty good, but this is the one for me...have an awesome day!
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- BE the elephant and NOT the chicken
- KEB MO
- dogs and CHEEZ whiz don't mix: when good dogs get...
- pot dump
- FRIED CAT and other nasty things around the kitche...
- speaking of LITTLE CUTIES
- "while you were gone" and speaking of GLACIERS....
- nope, nobody gonna dump here....
- "by the time we got to Woodstock.."
- talking tiny teapots....
- in which I apply for the job FROM HELL.....
- where'd the baby come from????
- just this one thing...
- it went like this...
- tiny teapots...
- if you are lucky, you GROW old but do you have to ...
- we can't all live in San Diego... I guess.....
- gluten-free brownies that knock your socks off, an...
- jet lag?
- meaningful Monday and the Met...
- "oh crap, what was I excited about LAST week?"
- my rural roots?
- "I'll take your negative eight and raise ya 2 to n...
- cooool celadons and five below....
- how long can I push this joke????
- like trying to hit a target with an arrow wearing ...
- Mr Hublot and speaking of teapots...
- of shells and sea glass...
- BIRTHDAYS and the GLUTEN-free and dairy-free cake ...
- ▼ March (30)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)