WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, July 21, 2011
MORE raspberries and rabbits :) moremoremore!
(new pottery by Gary Rith-I wanted to make this huge teapot below, with the 2 bunnies on top, and as you see, on one side, bunny has his ballons, on the other side, bunny is losing balloons--which I think makes a cool decorative and humorous touch)
Early yesterday, before our un-cooled house warmed up to 98.6, I baked. Pizza for dinner later, also a favorite: raspberry bars from a PETA recipe. I have the recipe below-----I make them a little differently from the original. If you want the original, click the PETA link. I would not bother though, my version is superb :) Its funny, you are out there at a coffee shop or cafe and you spy a vegan treat and buy it and it is super tasty and.....it is a version of this recipe! Famous. My lazy self does not see why you couldn't use blueberries or chopped apples when it is not raspberry picking season OR EVEN just apple sauce!
gary's version, raspberry oat bar dessert
3/4 cup fresh raspberries
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 cup unbleached flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup Earth Balance or other vegan margarine
• Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square pan.
• In a bowl with a knife, purée the raspberries.
• Take the raspberry purée, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 3 minutes and remove from the heat. Stir and cool.
• Combine the sugar, brown sugar, flour, baking soda, and rolled oats. Using a pastry blender or your hands, incorporate the margerine to form a crumbly mixture.
• Press 2 cups of the dry mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Top with the raspberry mixture, leaving a quarter-inch edge. Press the remaining dry mixture on top.
• Bake for 33 to 35 minutes, or until lightly browned. Allow to cool before cutting into bars.
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- true story! beagle eats a dead frog haiku
- twas the artist market.....:)
- The true story of Eric the almost-hobo....
- there is always room for more peanut butter in you...
- peanut butter and jam muffins revisited....
- KICK AZZ starring SPIKE the cat and the EVIL shoe ...
- Jen comes OVER...from Carolina!
- apple sauce! the computer kind....
- burning up.....
- 96+ degrees in the shade, real hot in the shade......
- MORE raspberries and rabbits :) moremoremore!
- days of raspberries and rabbits.....
- my name is Gary and I am a fruitaholic
- beagle bagel!
- beaucoup biking
- 3 hair doos
- back to school shoes....
- I dreamt my dog swam for bananas...
- Christi comes over....
- you probably need....
- gettin' it onto THE POTS
- a whole lotta shorts
- adorable is a big word these days.....
- "the more I practice the luckier I get"
- a grand day out to the grocery with a grand gal....
- about beagles and berries....
- skinny legs and all....
- I dunno, grilled bananas for Bastille Day?????
- beauty and the beast
- CHUCK IS A CHICK?
- ▼ July (32)
- ► 2010 (616)