WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Saturday, July 2, 2011
beauty and the beast
This is all real conversation, you can't make this stuff up!
I am a full believer in the differences between men and women. Men belch, drink beer, get messy with the art supplies and watch CADDYSHACK every time the wife goes out of town. Women also belch, drink beer, get messy with the art supplies BUT they watch THE NOTEBOOK when the husband goes out of town, hankie close to hand. And in our house? I wear dirty jeans and a tee every day, the wife....looks like this. Every day. She is very clean and very fancy.
So yesterday I am driving her to work, eating grapes, smacking and slurping and belching happily. There is a sigh of disgust from the passenger seat:
"smacking your lips is OPTIONAL" she tells me "you don't have to eat so noisily"
and I, who could be offended but am NOT tell her "its involuntary, like breathing, I can't help it!". I am uncouth and uncivilized, basically. Later she is coughing and coughing and I remark
"you don't have to cough so noisily, stop it!" and she argues that it is NOT the same thing! Au contraire sez I! You can't expect the old habits of an uncivilized man to change (but I know that wives DO think they can make those changes...HAHAHA!)
Dig these pots. Especially the bunny bowl below.
(new pottery by Gary Rith)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- true story! beagle eats a dead frog haiku
- twas the artist market.....:)
- The true story of Eric the almost-hobo....
- there is always room for more peanut butter in you...
- peanut butter and jam muffins revisited....
- KICK AZZ starring SPIKE the cat and the EVIL shoe ...
- Jen comes OVER...from Carolina!
- apple sauce! the computer kind....
- burning up.....
- 96+ degrees in the shade, real hot in the shade......
- MORE raspberries and rabbits :) moremoremore!
- days of raspberries and rabbits.....
- my name is Gary and I am a fruitaholic
- beagle bagel!
- beaucoup biking
- 3 hair doos
- back to school shoes....
- I dreamt my dog swam for bananas...
- Christi comes over....
- you probably need....
- gettin' it onto THE POTS
- a whole lotta shorts
- adorable is a big word these days.....
- "the more I practice the luckier I get"
- a grand day out to the grocery with a grand gal....
- about beagles and berries....
- skinny legs and all....
- I dunno, grilled bananas for Bastille Day?????
- beauty and the beast
- CHUCK IS A CHICK?
- ▼ July (32)
- ► 2010 (616)