Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, January 1, 2012

"twenty twelve: twenty eleven kicked ass and you have a lot to live up to"

Twenty eleven was a great year. Not every bit of it, but 99 percent. Very fortunate indeed.

Now its January. On the one hand, it is my least favorite month of the year, except for February. On the other hand, December has been super mild, not wintry at all, and I feel like we have cheated winter so far, YESSSS! So, the usual winter weariness hasn't set in yet...my house is clean-ish (even my rolodex and recipe card file!) and I have 2.5 bags of my new addiction in the freezer, Godiva chocolate truffle coffee. I wrote a haiku to share with you:

2012 New Year's resolutions, a haiku by Gary Rith

Spike the badass cat
Swears to me: "I will go on
A diet. Honest!"

The adorable
Beagle, Penny, will
Carry on with cute.

And for the Yankees,
A-Rod, Jeter and the rest:
World Series, Okay?

Midnight and I was
Deeply asleep and it is
So quiet at six.

Perfect I may be
But in twenty eleven I
Will swear to the wife:

I shall take you to
That tasty Thai restaurant
Down on the commons.

And I promise that
I will quit smoking. Except
I do not smoke. :)

And don't plan to start, either! Happy New Year!

7 comments:

gz said...

and a good new year to you too!

~ Sil in Corea said...

Happy, healthy, prosperous 2012 to you, Maude and the furkids!
{{{{{Hugs all around}}}}}

smartcat said...

Red Sox survive past
Two thousand eleven, win
Series two thousand twelve!

Not much of a sports fan, but I couldn't help myself.

Happy 2012!

cookingwithgas said...

Oh spike- ewes not fat ewes fluffy!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh, so funny!!!
I'll quit smoking too.....before I even start!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

You had me going for a second with the smoking!

Happy New Year!

My daughter is after me to do an adorable beagle post.

Matt Sutkoski said...

Happy New Year. And great haikus to start off 2012!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.