Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, January 9, 2012

dogs in the wilds....

We have a nice fenced in yard, useful for dogs when you live on a busy roadway.
I was walking into the library Saturday and the idea pops into my head, doodled on paper below. Beagle peeking out from rocks or leaves atop a teapot, with all the bells and whistles.
I get home and start to make it, and the wife comes into the studio with a neighbor, which really surprised me...and I bump the thing and it collapses partly (that never happens!)...but I get it right again. Next day I accidentally push a hole through the bottom, that never happens! And I put it all together and I am very pleased with how it looks...although it may crack. Looks super cool, i should make another....

3 comments:

Elizabeth Grimes said...

That IS cool! Another great piece. Hope it doesn't crack.

gz said...

Look upon it as a trial run!
No point in being over precious, when it could waste kiln space, which costs.

I like Dog Henge!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Could the neighbor be a potter too?? Messing you up like that? ;)
Looks very very cute though...hope it doesn't crack!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.