Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, January 21, 2012

POP! It gets all shiny and bright: the before, during and after....

3 seconds ago I popped the top open on the kiln, and saw this here. It needs to cool a little longer, but HOTT DAWG it is all looking good. The other pics here show the kiln and items during firing--I was drying a number of items on top which will be fired later today, actually, and then there is just before firing, and then decorating plates--the plates are for US. We are gonna use them later today, after a little more cooling. I think they turned out well, I can see just the edge in the top pic, the teddy bears...the color is all dull when you paint it on then POP! Gets all bright and shiny with firing!

10 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

those plates are the sweetest and you get to keep them!

Elizabeth Grimes said...

That is so cool. I'd love to learn more about that whole process.

smartcat said...

Potters are achemistslkjffgijpoerfssjf

smartcat said...

Uhhh....you could delete the last post which is courtesy of Aloysius when I was getting my tea. Love those plates!

-Rob, Simple Circle Studios said...

Godzilla eating a person?! Freaking sweet!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Just like Christmas morning!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

I really love the pottery in process photos. And yes, that is an awesome Godzilla eating the person.

Ron said...

yep, I'm digging man getting eaten too. Well done on those plates they look cool. (well hot now but cooler later)

Busy Bee Suz said...

Is that bowl with the holes a colander???
Love your dinner plates, so cute!

JB said...

It is good to see the process. My favourite from this batch is the dogs and cat plate but I do like the godzilla teapot too.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.