Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

reader's poll: thousands of years ago cats were worshipped as GODS

and they have not forgotten it.
Aside from our mild weather, you are looking at Penny out hiking with me near the wife's office at Cornell, the vet came over for a home visit yesterday, to see our old dog Buster (seen outdoors in the post below). Buster is super old....but anyway, he is hanging in there. Look at the welcome Penny and Spike give the vet, knocking her over with love!

The vet is like
"Spike is .......wow. He is like a Kliban cat! I bet he is over 20 pounds now!" hinting around that Spike is a bit chunky.
I say "ZAFTIG" because I love that word,
The wife says "dapperly dressed"

How would you describe Spike the cat? Please go to comments!
a) chunky
b) dapperly dressed
c) ZAFTIG hahahahaha!
d) pleasantly plump
e) slim and trim
f) Spike crawls into bed at night and snores and has bad breath but has a winning personality

21 comments:

smalltownme said...

Well, C of course! Love the word zaftig, too. As far as the last one, we'll have to take your word on it. He's even bigger than my darling Homer, who has actually lost a tiny bit of his massive girth thanks to diet kibble and an exercise program consisting of making him chase after the treats he begs for.

gz said...

He is looking a bit on the round side..but that could be winter coat fluffed up!
He is certainly a Large Cat!!!!

Shortstuff said...

Oh, Zaftig for sure. Spike's a cat after my own heart...well, at least my own physique.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

As I told the vet : "this is Spike ON A DIET". Imagine if he wasn't....

Lori Buff said...

Since super fluffy isn't on the list I'll have to go with C

Anonymous said...

Wow! On a diet? I think he's a d - pleasantly plump, but you have to watch out for lower urinary disease in overweight cats. Just make sure he keeps on a'peein'!

Shannnon

Michèle Hastings said...

i will say D. pleasantly plump, but will agree with Shannon about keeping an eye on his health.

Sophie told me to say she thinks he is super hot!

Hilary said...

Animal people are funny. There's you and Maude, skinny and fit with a zaftig kitty. Then there's me, more along the lines of Spike's shape.. ish.. and I have my skinny Skittles. Go figure. :)

smartcat said...

Zaphtig! and Most definitely a Kliban cat....it's his expression as well as his shape.

Toes crossed for Buster!

CiCi said...

Overweight yes, but since he can get around like normal, it doesn't seem too excessive. Just as long as he is healthy, some extra weight doesn't matter.

Knight said...

G- Stylishly Sumo!

Susan as Herself said...

Spike is built like a favorite pillow---and that is very cozy for cuddling. And yes---a Kliban cat is true---and cool! GO SPIKE!

Chief is no lightweight either---he has weighed 15.4 lbs. since I got him. And we are both happy with that.

Alfred said...

Zaftig. Also sleek. And adorable!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

He's awesomely huge.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

SUMO!!!!! PILLOW!!!!! hahaha :)

Anonymous said...

I think I'm gonna go with funky chunky. I sorta match that cat. He sure does look like a good snuggler! Our kitty, Maggie is a shrimp at 7 lbs. However, I am obsessed with that black dog! He reminds me of my BFF's childhood dog, Drake. He was a good one!

Jen H

Reverend Awesome said...

Spike is large and in charge! Sumo, yes. Does he really snore? That's cute.

He's husky. And there's nothing wrong with that. Be happy with your husky self, Spike!

That's really cool that the vet comes to your house. I don't think there's anything like that in the Des Moines area. I wish there was! Someone start that up...

Busy Bee Suz said...

Pleasantly plump. Because my Mom told me to always say nice stuff. :)

BSOB said...

i'd just say hes a heavy dude...

BSOB said...

i'd just say hes a heavy dude...

Emily SIL said...

Spike is stocky, and he is a handsome devil. There's more of him to luuuv.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.