WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, February 25, 2016
What Adele and Trump have in common
It is also true that my wife has said I am a positive person. I am like, REALLY? Maybe it is true, after all, we will be out walking in 15 below zero weather and I will marvel at the pretty peach and pink sunrise….
But I have to say, there is no way I am positive about everything, no way.
I have a friend who thinks (really!) that Trump is just running to make Hillary a shoo-in for the White House in November. I don't think there is any way that is true, but it is very amusing. The truth is I see the pickups with rebel flags driving past and wonder WTF is up with America? Maybe nothing new. After all, what happened to the millions of Indians who were here in 1492? And how about all the Africans brought here in chains? I am a Quaker with Mennonite ancestors--2 groups killed and persecuted in Europe, but who thrived here. So, it is easy to look at both sides of the American coin, BRUTAL for some, welcoming for others.
The fact is, there are times when the collective psyche is brutal and crazed, and a lot of American republicans seem to be following the footsteps of Germany in 1933--a hateful bully steps onto the stage and they welcome him with open arms. Like lemmings leaping to their demise off a cliff….I can only hope that Hillary has an easy win.
In other news, speaking of crazy, I have heard the name Adele but listen to rock and roll stations, and just like Beyonce, Kesha, Taylor Swift, Brittny etc, she had never crossed my path, never heard their music. Until yesterday. GOOD GOLLY WHAT IS IT PEOPLE like about Adele and Trump? Are they all flipping' CRAZY?
MY RADIO station, WITH, had an interview with the Cowboy Junkies yesterday, and they were talking about the crazy video another band did, friends of theirs. It is so good, so sweet, crazy but not CRAZY!!!!!
Have an awesome day :)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- my mugshot Monday..
- sweet potato lasagna, GAWDAMN that is good :)
- "If you're not failing…"
- What Adele and Trump have in common
- probably best to start the day with a friendly fro...
- emerald flowers on Teapot Tuesday…..
- dreams of one kind or another….
- Even if it is NOT Mugshot Monday…. you can still p...
- a sickly cat...
- that shell sure does get around…..
- something fishy….
- just toss a couple of items in a blender and HUZZA...
- Beagles and corgis and frogs and dragons, OH MY!
- 8 loaves of bread, a 3 1/2 legged dog and an aweso...
- ten below zero F outside: cold weather, warm hearts…?
- OK, so you missed Valentine's, but Easter is comin...
- gluten-free brownie bites, beagles and other assor...
- Godzillamonsterdinosaurdragon teapot
- truth in advertising
- Frogs for mugshot Monday!
- Super WHAT?
- are turtles anything but kindly?
- loving little boxes
- an utterly ordinary day...
- here be dragons….
- 55 and a mosquito...
- ▼ February (29)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)