You probably notice that one here is an inny, the other an outie….YES! I showed you a shell I have been using for 20 some years on pots, and it is true, I made a negative impression into a clay stamp, so in the pot at the right you see the shell as it is but the pot on the left I merely pressed into the soft clay…kinda awesome effects, right?
Have an awesome Friday!
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, February 19, 2016
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- my mugshot Monday..
- sweet potato lasagna, GAWDAMN that is good :)
- "If you're not failing…"
- What Adele and Trump have in common
- probably best to start the day with a friendly fro...
- emerald flowers on Teapot Tuesday…..
- dreams of one kind or another….
- Even if it is NOT Mugshot Monday…. you can still p...
- a sickly cat...
- that shell sure does get around…..
- something fishy….
- just toss a couple of items in a blender and HUZZA...
- Beagles and corgis and frogs and dragons, OH MY!
- 8 loaves of bread, a 3 1/2 legged dog and an aweso...
- ten below zero F outside: cold weather, warm hearts…?
- OK, so you missed Valentine's, but Easter is comin...
- gluten-free brownie bites, beagles and other assor...
- Godzillamonsterdinosaurdragon teapot
- truth in advertising
- Frogs for mugshot Monday!
- Super WHAT?
- are turtles anything but kindly?
- loving little boxes
- an utterly ordinary day...
- here be dragons….
- 55 and a mosquito...
- ▼ February (29)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Glad you 'splained it to me, because I didn't notice the difference until then. They are beautiful either way!
I like the "outie", great idea. I have a little shell that Jz always used to mark the pots he made with white stoneware (to be able to discern them from the regular stoneware after bisque). I keep it in a little container with my "m" stamp.
Post a Comment