WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, February 26, 2016
"If you're not failing…"
I was dreaming last night, 2 biggies: in the first, Abe Lincoln was running for president and he did a stunt: he jumped off the Washington Monument and landed in a tiny little barrel of water. WOW. I'd vote for Abe! In a second dream, I was my adult self back in fifth grade with Mrs. Gilbertson, maybe my favorite teacher. She was good. The class exercise was tough for my (nearly) 50 year old self: she was going to tell a short story which we had to listen to and record on paper, later recopying it neatly and with correct spelling and grammar and edits. I know we never did anything like this in class, but it was HARD listening to her speak and writing at the same time, being accurate and all that, and my handwriting has always been crappy.
ANYWAY, so I wake up now and yesterday's warm 50s has been replaced by 20s, wind, and snow cover. Maybe an inch or 2, what is up with THAT? I saw bluebirds yesterday! Sure, it is common for us to have snow through April, BUT NOT THIS YEAR!
So, as the Woody Allen expression goes "If you're not failing a lot you're not doing anything very innovative. I have been fiddling with a different type of handle, to make mugs and teapots with handles that are vaguely bamboo-ish, or at least a little botanical-ish. I reclaimed the clay from the first efforts (FAILS! But learning experiences). Now I have 2 good mugs and this teapot, SCORE! Can't wait for them all to be fired, plus other new ideas….and in other news, I was inspired to take a mug's worth of clay and see what long necked vases could be made with the same amount. I was, of course, amused to see them tower over a mug of the same weight….
have an awesome day!
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- my mugshot Monday..
- sweet potato lasagna, GAWDAMN that is good :)
- "If you're not failing…"
- What Adele and Trump have in common
- probably best to start the day with a friendly fro...
- emerald flowers on Teapot Tuesday…..
- dreams of one kind or another….
- Even if it is NOT Mugshot Monday…. you can still p...
- a sickly cat...
- that shell sure does get around…..
- something fishy….
- just toss a couple of items in a blender and HUZZA...
- Beagles and corgis and frogs and dragons, OH MY!
- 8 loaves of bread, a 3 1/2 legged dog and an aweso...
- ten below zero F outside: cold weather, warm hearts…?
- OK, so you missed Valentine's, but Easter is comin...
- gluten-free brownie bites, beagles and other assor...
- Godzillamonsterdinosaurdragon teapot
- truth in advertising
- Frogs for mugshot Monday!
- Super WHAT?
- are turtles anything but kindly?
- loving little boxes
- an utterly ordinary day...
- here be dragons….
- 55 and a mosquito...
- ▼ February (29)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)